(1)

Maze in MM.

"I fly with the stars in the skies
I am no longer trying to survive
I believe that life is a prize
But to live doesn't mean you're alive."
-Nicki Minaj

TE'ALA AKA "TEA"

".....Remember that you have to do the six page essay that can tell me why you want to pursue this field. Pursue the advising world...."

I rolled my eyes at my exaggerating teacher, Mrs. Hall. I had just started school to be a marriage counselor and I was already getting an essay. Damn. I had so much other shit I had to do and I had to do this essay.

"....You guys are dismissed, but make sure you have that essay printed out and sent to me by email...."

I got up out of the chair that hurt my ass more than you would believe and through my Michael Kors purse over my shoulder, as I picked up my books. I immediately took out my phone to check it and their it was exactly what I was expecting fifty calls from Terrance and ten text messages from him. I rolled my eyes.

I'm not even going to lie to you, being their for Terrance physically was not good and mentally, not at all. The doctor said that he would be better in no time, but five years later he's still in that wheelchair and hasn't got up. I hired a trainer that could help him with his legs, but something is just not working. Not working at all.

I jumped into my tented Range Rover and took off the coat that was around my body. I was doing pretty good with myself because of my fathers money, and the own money that I make myself.

"Hello?"
I answered my phone from it's nonstop ringing. I really needed to change from the custom ringtone because it bothered me so bad.

"Hey baby, what you been up too?"
I smiled. My mama made it a habit to call me every chance she got knowing that I was always tired, sick. I worked my ass off everyday for Terrance, myself, and my education.

"Oh I just left school. I'm heading home now. How are you and dad?"
I asked.

"Me and your father are great, baby, great. You know you can come back if you would like?"

I smiled at my moms suggestion, mainly because Terrance and I had moved to the big city, New York about a year ago. It wasn't my decision, but I was up for new change with Terrance, plus he knew New York like the back of his ass because he was raised here before he moved to Florida. Of course, I miss my family and Florida, but I have to be their for Terrance.

"I'm fine, mama. Were fine...." I exclaimed as I pulled down the broken road and dirty street. Their were people who looked as if they hadn't had a bath in days on the sides of the street and houses that were leaning, begging for some assistance to be out back right.

But the house that was a little more clean
than the rest stood out for me as I pulled into the houses yard that had only one car in the driveway. "....Mom can I call you back?"

"Yeah, baby, that's fine," Shanie exclaimed ending the call. I put my phone in my hand while shutting it off and proceeded to do what I wanted to do.

Tea exited the car with a brown, tight turtle neck on, that was tucked into her tight, light high waisted jeans, with a pair of Gianni Bini heels. She had her hair in a ponytail to the back with the middle part in the front, and to finish the look off she had plaster nude lipstick on her pouty lips were a mole stood above them.

I got out of the car and made sure to lock it along with my phone aside me and my handbag on me to pay my fee to get in. I went to the door and I banged on the door as if my life depended on it.

"Why the fuck you banging on my door like you the 5'0 guh?"

I looked at the girl in front of me who had nothing but a black sports bra, showing off her skinny, chest, and a pair of sweat pants letting me know that she was working out.

Maze was Terrance's cousin. She was lightskinned, and was known to being known in the streets of New York, for bad and good. She had long box braids that were blue and black cascading in a ponytail, dark brown eyes, a long but small nose, and a figure that I often despised.

"Oh hey cousin baby. What yo' fine ass doing over here?"

Her accent was so distinctive but I still got everything she said from being in New York how long I was. Maze was well over bisexual, but I believed that she was more into girls than boys because she always flirted, throwing slick comments at me. Maze was just one of those urban dressers, and sometimes she would dress girly like myself so you couldn't really tell that she was into girls..Well until you got her to talk to you.

"You know why I'm here Maze," I spoke softly, but surely looking anywhere but her eyes.

"You got my money?"
She asked me and I took out the fifty dollar bill that was due for the amount.

She snatched the money out of my hand and put it above her head to make sure it wasn't fake as I rolled my eyes. She knew damn well my money wasn't fake, but I let her continue to do what she did.

"You know were it's at," she said moving out the way and letting me in to the smell of Glade. I could already see the many glades she had surrounding her living room as I headed to the kitchen to meet my stress reliever.

My eyes lit up as I looked at it and decided that I was going to get some now and get my usual baggy as well. Lord knows I need it. I'm tired of having all these responsibilities to uphold and I'm tired of Terrance, most definitely. I didn't ask for all of this, but I know I have to do the right thing because he was there in my time of need and I would look stupid going back on my word. So I choose to live on cloud nine since I got to keep living like this.

I bended down to the cocaine that was already stuck in a perfect line and smelled it before putting the left hand of my nose down and sucking up on the right side. I immediately felt the high I was so looking for as I turned my body around and sat down in the middle of the kitchen floor letting my high begin as I smiled.