(4)

"Fuck being on some chill shit. We go 0 to 100 niggas, real quick. Oh Lord, know yourself, know you're worth nigga. My actions been louder than my words nigga."
-Drake

TE'ALA AKA "TEA"
(In MM)

I slammed the door completely shut as the tone of Lil' Wayne immediately filled my ears.

"Terrance," I spoke.

"Terrance!"

I walked around the small apartment looking for Terrance when he was nowhere to be found so I supposed he was up in the shower then.

Although my father racked me up on money, I had made it a habit not to open my mouth and ask him for things unless I really needed it. So I just was getting the little bit of income from work.

"What the fuck are you doing Terrance!"

I yelled once I caught him in the bathtub with his wheel chair. He knew that didn't make sense and he wasn't suppose to do that. That's what gets on my nerves about him, he's always doing dumb shit just to get noticed by me. But his can I miss him when I can clearly see him and I put my whole life on the shelf and out his before me.

"Maybe if your ass would've answered my calls or even thought about how I probably needed your ass I wouldn't have had to do this shit myself."

I rolled my eyes and wiped my face with my hand, dropping my purse on the floor as I came over to help him but he put his hand up at me stopping.

"You een wanna help me then so don't do it now," he spoke and I laughed, walking away before he made me more upset then what I already was.

I walked to my closet with my phone in my pocket and pulled it out, looking through the contacts that I barely had that consisted of people in New York. It was sad that I had been living here this long and I still hadn't made any new friends besides Maze. Even if I didn't consider her a friend, I guess I would tonight.

You want to go out with me tonight, I texted and then put my phone back in my pocket as I heard Terrance's voice approaching.

I guess he got out of the tub faster than I thought he would.

"What's been going on with you Tea. I thought we were better than this?"

I turned and looked at him out the corner of my eye and rolled my eyes. I didn't want to hear that shit as I was looking for clothes.

"Nothing's been going on Terrance, damn. Why do you keep pestering me don't I cook for you, clean for you. I even hired that damn trainer to do shit with your leg when we barely have any money as is. What do you want from me Terrance, please let me fucking know?"

"See that's what I'm talking about ever since we've moved down to NY you've changed. Your not the same Tea that I knew back in Florida. Just please talk to me Tea and tell me what's wrong--"

I turned around dropping the clothes in my hand.

"You wanna know what's wrong with me, Terrance. It's your fucking legs! Why can't your shit work! I get tired of slaving for you every day. I know I said I wanted to do it then, but ion want to do it even if I owe it to you! I'm young, I want to be free from this shit and do young things. For heaven said I'm in my twenty's and I have to work for a man who is in a wheelchair and I have to go to school. That's the problem!"

I looked at him waiting for what he had to say but he didn't say anything, but the tear that fell down his cheek said it all. I turned back around to my closet and continued to look for a outfit, rather I was going with Maze or by myself. I was still going out.

"Well since you feel that way..."
He stopped talking, but I still heard him leave out of the room. Good. He was killing my vibe and I didn't need that right now. I already had enough with him.

I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and pulled it out.

As long as you picking me up, chick.
-Maze

I held the white skater dress out in front of me and smiled. I was going out tonight whether Terrance liked that shit or not.