Chapter 1: Surprise

Last night was weird. Y/N always had a dream to turn anything she touched to gold. That dream came true last night.

Y/N's POV:

Yesterday night, I had an extremely strange dream. This human-like creature, which I thought to be some god, agreed to grant me one wish. Of course, my greedy self decided to make it so that I can turn anything to gold with my hands at my will.

Immediately after this godly creature snapped his fingers, I felt myself gain consciousness, but something felt different. I felt this great power surging within my chest and hands. For a second I thought I was dying, is it possible to die because of a dream? I don't know. A good 5 seconds passed, and I was back to my normal self, but something felt different.

I desperately dragged the heavy duvet off my body and looked at my hands.

They were gold, a shiny, gleaming gold. My hands were gold.

I gasped with surprise, my face slowly turning into a slightly evil grin. I jumped off my soft, comfy bed and grabbed one of my pencils on my desk nearby. It gradually turned to a solid gold.

Thankfully, objects only turned to gold at my will, meaning not everything I touch becomes that expensive shiny metal we all love.

A thought suddenly dawned on me. People will find out about this. People will want me to be their little prisoner for research. Worst of all, they will probably find out I'm one of the most dangerous hackers in the world. But I'm not having that. No way.

You see, the gold is clearly visible on my hands, but, I came up with the genius idea to wear gloves. Luckily, I have some skin coloured gloves somewhere in my cupboard, so I won't look too suspicious. I thought.

The next day, it was time for school. I'm more the quiet person at school. That's because nobody knows I am a hacker, because online I'm completely anonymous, although people have made a nickname for me. The Golden Nova. I continued my morning with my normal routine, like having breakfast, brushing teeth ect, I also wore an oversized hoodie so my hands wouldn't be obvious. Finally, it was time to slip on my gloves.
"I hope this doesn't look too suspicious." I thought, slightly worried.

I grabbed my heavy backpack, waved goodbye to my parents and headed out the door. I hopped onto the bus and occupied a seat at the back.

Another thing I should mention, my parents don't know I'm a hacker, they see me as their perfect daughter. I actually find it quite amusing at how oblivious they are to the fact that I could be doing anything on my computer.

I quickly whipped out my laptop and started on some work. I checked the news and there I was, on the headline. "The Gold Nova is back at it again." It read. I chuckled to myself, knowing that they'll never catch me.

The first period was PE class. I cursed to myself. I had to wear a short-sleeved T-shirt, which will clearly show my gloves. Reluctantly, I started to get changed, trying to do it as slowly as possible to not attract attention. I didn't know what I was going to do.