Chapter 11: Battle

A few weeks had now passed, Midas has went back to calling me 'darling' and 'love', which I still get slightly annoyed with but I've learned to deal with it. Tina, Skye and I are still best friends, Maya still hates me, (which I don't really care about) and life has been going pretty smoothly.

Today all agents had to be on alert. I managed to hack into the Shadows and I stole some information, I learnt that they were planning an attack and today was the day that The Agency could possibly be bombed or something.

I must also mention that Midas has now suddenly been caring for me more, he would always check up on me to see if I was okay, and if I ever got injured, even the slightest little paper cut, he would seem really concerned for me.

I sat at my desk, tapping on the hard wood, just waiting for something to happen. My head was propped up with my hand, I was extremely bored, however, whatever I did, I couldn't focus. I was eager to see the battle between the us and the Shadows.

Suddenly, the loud, monotonous sound of alarms filled the atmosphere.
"This is it." I said to myself. I grabbed my golden gun and ran out the door, I could see a few helicopters circling around The Agency, many people started jumping out the helicopter and into the water surrounding the building, I guessed those people were Shadow agents. I smiled with excitement because I always felt like it was a thrill to fight, especially for my friends.

As I ran out my bedroom door I seen the rest of the agents and henchmen rushing downstairs and out the door. I followed after them, getting my aim steady and ready. The Shadow agents began kicking down the doors and shooting at anything in their sight, including really expensive golden statues, but that's not the focus here, the focus is that we have to win the battle between us and the Shadows.

Bang! Bang! With a slight pull on the trigger of my shotgun, two Shadows were already down. Just a million more to go. I sighed as I realised how long it's gonna take to win this battle with the amount of Shadows which were now infiltrating the building.

I turned round swiftly to see Skye cornered by a Shadow. The Shadow had his back turned to me, so I slowly came up behind him and with a powerful elbow to the head, he was down on the floor.
"You okay?" I asked Skye breathlessly.
"Yeah! Thanks Y/N." Skye thanked me. I smiled at her before turning around and returning to the battle.

My eyes darted all over the place, checking if anybody needed any help. I seen Midas who was in his fully gold form knocking maybe 10 Shadows per round with his drum gun, I was certainly impressed, I even silently cheered for him from across the building. Alright, back to trying to get rid of these guys. As I ran through the corridors, I seen Meowscles wrestling one of the Shadows, of course Meowscles was dominating, I wasn't surprised at that. I also seen Tina taking advantage of the high ground and was tossing grenades everywhere, which could possibly blow up The Agency, not surprised at that either. Thankfully, Maya wasn't standing in the middle of the battle dramatically begging for Midas to save her, I rolled my eyes at the thought. I decided to go where the battle was most intense, in the main hall.

I dashed back through the corridors and through many doors. I rammed myself into one of the Shadows, knocking him to the floor, then I tossed a grenade right into the middle of where a group of Shadows. That defenitely made the battle a lot easier, but there was still many of the enemy to get rid of.

As I was scouting the area for enemies, I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my stomach, I looked up to see a Shadow reloading a sniper. My eyes widened with shock, I looked down to see blood. Lots of blood. I've been shot, the fact that it was a powerful sniper didn't help the situation. I started to struggle for air, my legs began to feel limp, the limpness then spread throughout my whole body, I tried my best to keep myself from falling to the floor.
"Y/N!" I recognised the voice of Midas.
"So this is want death feels like." I thought to myself. I didn't have any energy to stand up, I let myself fall to the ground, I closed my eyes, assuming this was the end. But something caught me, I reopened my eyes to see Midas, he had a really worried expression on his face. I could barely even see him though, my vision was quickly deteriorating.

"Midas?" I said weakly, my whole body felt fragile and powerless. Midas didn't hesitate to pick me up bridal style and carry me to cover, even though  there were Shadows everywhere, ready to shoot anything in their path. He carried me to a room nearby, and placed me down in the corner.
"Y/N, you have to stay with me! Don't die on me!" Midas said worriedly, grabbing my hand and gripping it tightly, I enjoyed that moment, I felt more at ease. I don't know why but the thought of being in his arms comforted me, it made my worries wash away.
"Don't worry, I won't leave you guys. Now go fight." I managed to get a few words out, the only thing I wanted at this point for us to win this battle. I smiled to reassure him that I'll be fine, although I didn't know if that was gonna be the case. The pain became too much, my body began to feel tired and frail.
"Y/N!" Midas' words echoed in my ears as I let myself lose consciousness.