Chapter 17: Secrets

After Tina and Skye were done assuming me and Midas made some babies even though me and Midas were alone for only 5 minutes, I decided to go educate myself a little by going to take a look at the enormous amount of books on the shelves around this place.

I picked out this certain book about curses, I had an interest in things like these. However, I didn't expect to find out the truth about everything.

I flipped through a few pages, and found some words which made me freeze on the spot. "The Golden Touch" The curse was titled. Desperately, I scanned all the information and processed it in my mind. I finally knew the reason why I had this golden touch.

"On particular dates, the gods choose someone when they are born to possess inhuman powers, including The Golden Touch. The reason the gods do this is because they sense that the person chosen will do good in this world." The book read, I had the information I needed. But I'm not really doing any good in this world? I'm probably actually doing bad in this world. I don't see Midas doing any good either really.

I quickly closed the book shut and went to go and talk to Midas about this, in case he knew anything more about this.

I knocked on his door to alert him that I was coming in. Midas was sitting at his desk with glasses. God, why does this guy look so hot in glasses? They really complimented his face. Ok, I'm getting distracted, back to doing what I was here for.

"What are you here for darling? You should be getting some rest." He said, looking up from his paperwork.
"Um, well I have some questions about my curse thing. I found the book which told me more about my golden touch, but I'm still a little bit confused." I said, slightly anxious.

Midas' expression turned into a concerned one, he took off his glasses.
"Like, according to the book, it says that the gods choose people who they know are going to do good in the world, but I don't see myself doing that." I said in a confused tone.
"Well Y/N, there have been incidents when people have actually betrayed the gods and aren't really doing anything good, I'm one of those people, and possibly you aswell." Midas sighed. "People like me and you are typically killed by others who are sent from the gods before they realise they have their powers, but I sensed something was planning to kill me. The reason I started this Agency was because I believe that the Shadows are the ones that are associated with the gods and sent to kill me, that's why we are at battle."

It all made sense, but now I was scared for my life, there is literally a whole group of people with one job, to kill me and Midas.

My eyes welled up in tears, realising how much danger I was in. Midas' face turned into a sympathetic smile, he spread his arms out, allowing me to hug him. I silently sobbed into his chest.
"Don't worry darling, I'll protect you no matter what." He comforted me and brushed my hair with his fingers, his hands pulling me closer to his body.

-me when midas actually calls me Y/N instead of his nicknames

Sorry if this chapter is short or bad, it's 3AM and I've had to do a ton of school work. Thank y'all for the support and have a good day/night.
Love y'all ❤ (no homo)