Chapter 8: Questions

The Shadows had the most advanced security system I have ever seen, despite my best efforts, I still couldn't get in. Midas was expecting me to hack into them within a few days. It has now been a week of me trying every trick in the book to get the Shadow's secrets, but nothing worked.

I haven't seen Midas since the incident with Maya a few hours ago surprisingly, which I was slightly glad about, because it gets kinda annoying when he calls me his nicknames. For the rest of the day I just lazed about in the break room and I told Tina and Skye about what happened.
"Not surprised, it's obvious she's always been trying to get with Midas." Tina sighed, eating some crisps.
"She's never even treated us nicely, I think she's actually quite horrible. No wonder she's not got any friends here" Skye shrugged. Even I didn't show sympathy for the fact that Maya has no friends. After all, she was about to kill me.
"Have you hacked into the Shadows yet?" Tina changed the topic, still munching on her crisps.
"Nope, they have one of the most advanced security systems I have ever seen." I shrugged.
"You know, Midas is expecting you to have hacked into them tomorrow, because we have a meeting later and he wants the information you found. He's not gonna be happy if you haven't got the info in time, he's a really impatient guy." Skye said with slight worry in her voice.
"Well, I guess he will have to learn that it takes time to do these sort or things, he'll have to accept it." I said. Hopefully he does understand that it does take time and if he's not happy then he'll just have to deal with it.

The clock read 10:00 PM, I decided it was time to get some rest. After all, today was quite stressful. I yawned as I entered my room, making sure to close my door properly. I had a really relaxing warm shower, which seemed to wash my worries away. I put on my favourite pyjamas and got ready to hop into my comfortable bed, however, I heard some voices from outside my door.

"That girl still thinks that she can steal Midas, if you see her, treat her with disrespect and rudeness, maybe that will make her leave." I recognised the voice of Maya.
"Uh, yes ma'am." I heard the henchman reply reluctantly. The henchmen had to obey the agents since the agents were a higher rank.
"That poor guy." I thought about how it must feel to be told to treat someone with disrespect. The thing I did know, was that Maya wasn't going to get away with trying to make me leave.

I done my usual night routine like hair brushing and stuff.
"That girl Maya really does hate me." I thought to myself, sighing. I found it confusing how Maya is still after Midas even though he rejected her earlier. But I wasn't gonna let her stop me, anyways, she doesn't really have anyone to help her to be honest. I even felt a little bad for her, how she has no friends or anything like that. Well I guess she was asking for it after treating everybody like that.

I sunk into my cozy bed, gripping the duvet tightly. As I often did, I thought about all the questions I didn't have answers to until I drifted off to sleep.