Tanjiro // what is love?

modern au

What is love? my mother always said love was someone that feels like home. someone who was always there for you and made you happy. love was someone who would stay up late and watch your favourite movies and fall asleep with you only to do the same thing tomorrow. she always said once i saw love i would know right away. but after she left i stopped believing in love. she always talked to me about my future and love, she always believed that everyone would meet someone special. even though dad had left us she still believed in love. but after everything we went through i had given up, i wanted to continue her dream of me falling in love and being happy. but to me she was my happiness. i didn't feel anything but sadness and anger for years. until i met what my mother had always talked about. i met love.

love for me was a soft smile and warm hugs that always brought my mood up. love would always drive me to my favourite places and bring me sweets when i was upset. love was always there for me. love was patient. love was kind. love shared a different music taste but would always try to learn the lyrics to my songs so we could sing them together. love would hold me when i cried. love would cheer with me when i was happy. love would sing sappy love songs with me in the car while we went on adventures. love would tuck my hair behind my ear and caress my cheek while smiling warmly and calling me the most beautiful girl in the world.

love would stay up late and play video games with me, letting me win a lot of the time but beating me whenever id get to cocky. love would watch the stars with me while laying on the roof for hours. love would always tease me lightly about little things i do that only he noticed. love would throw me over his shoulder and carry me places whenever i was being stubborn. love stood by me in the hospital as i got diagnosed with cancer. love cried into my shoulder while i promised love to wait for him in the afterlife.

love was the last thing i saw while i closed my eyes in a hospital bed. loves teary eyes and soft smile while he promised to be with me in the next life. love didn't leave my side for days after that he spent all his time waiting for me to wake up even though deep down love knew i wouldn't.

A/N

this was inspired by the one that got away by katy perry because i cry whenever i listen to it and ive had it on repeat while writing this

also random question to the two people that read my story's how old do you think i am i'm curious

i only have a few more ideas for storys so please recommend some so i can continue this book

see you in the next chapter! :)