ending

“I don’t agree to this

“I don’t agree to this. This is dangerous.”

“I know but if we don’t do it, the murderer is going to get away with it. And I can’t let that happen.”

“Then let me come with you. It’ll be better if we were more.”

“Two’s company, three’s a crowd.”

“Come on Miley. I’m serious. What if one of you gets hurt, or what if both of you get hurt? Then what are you going to do? What if Maya hurts you?”

“Listen. Yes, I still don’t trust her, but if both of us are there with her and she turns out to be the murderer, who’s going to help us when she takes both of us out? That’s why you should stay here; I want you to wait for me. If I don’t get back within an hour after midnight, then come find me. And come prepared.”

“And how will I find you?”

“If she’s going to kill me, she’ll probably do it somewhere hidden, where no one usually goes to.”

“Like the abandoned science lab or the tower where Kellan was killed?”

“Yes, maybe. And if you don’t find me,” Miley paused. “alert the school authorities. Tell them everything if you must.”

“Are you sure it’s advisable to go with her alone? I mean, if she’s the killer, then she’s dangerous. Really really dangerous.”

Miley put her hands on Alex’s shoulders. “I’m going to be fine, okay? Trust me.”

“Fine. And I will find you, Miley. I’m going to find you before anything happens to you. I promise.”

“Alex?” Miley breathed.

“Yes.” Alex dropped the bloody iron rod she held and rushed to Miley’s side. “It’s me. I’m here, you’re going to be fine okay.” She hugged Miley to her chest. “Everything is going to be okay.”

A coughing sound had them looking at Vicky who eyed them with a bloody sinister smile. “I wanted to be the heroine.” she hissed. “I was supposed to win. Me! But you stole it from me. You stole my part from me.” She chuckled, then coughed as her blood choked her.

They watched as she continued to cough, sending out sprays of blood from her mouth. She gave a loud wheezing sound before she finally became still, her eyes fixated on them in a glassy stare.

A few seconds passed, and Alex at last turned her attention back to her best friend. She smiled at her. “Come on, it’s over now. Let’s go.” And she put Miley’s hand over her shoulder and helped her up. With Miley leaning on Alex for support, they trudged out of the building and into the glowing moonlight.