Chapter 7 - Quidditch Match and More Questions

Today was the day that Y/N started his first time as a Chaser. Following the days up to the match, he had been blinded by all the preparing and book seeking to hopefully gain an edge.

He hadn't even begun to process the fact that HE was actually playing as a Chaser in a Quidditch match, where he could potentially die..

'Now I regret boasting to Harry about his first match.' Y/N thought as he groaned.

He obviously didn't think this through enough.

Y/N was sat in the great hall, a couple of hours remained before the match started so he had time for breakfast, which consisted of jam and toast that he hadn't touched at all, he felt sick to his stomach, like he was being swallowed up from the inside.

His friends only felt sympathy and even a little pity for him, but to be fair it was his idea.

Now he truly understood how Harry felt, he couldn't even imagine being on the field.

Many things happened leading up to this point, Snape, who was as creepy as ever had been... quite literally stalking Y/N in the hallways, likely trying to figure him out. It was no surprise that he was suspicious of them, after their failed potion plan which Snape had rolled off as an accident, which surprised them.

While Harry was still suffering from lingering paranoia of Snape trying to murder him.

Y/N... He wasn't much for attention, in fact he hated it. He didn't like being the talk of the town, as some people would put it. A few hushed words and such between other students, they definitely did not expect him to play as a Quidditch player, and definitely not to fill in the role of Chaser and most if not all were not exactly "Running for the hills" over it.

They didn't have much faith in him, apart from the people who witnessed his practises outside and of course Hermione, Harry and Ron had his back, they were 100% in favor of him... But he himself didn't have much confidence. Call it years of suppressed loneliness and low self esteem... yeah maybe that's why.

"Come on Y/N, you need to eat." Hermione told him in a rather motherly tone, who was sat in her usual spot to his left.

"Gods, this is some serious deja vu." Y/N nervously chuckled as he tried to take a bit out of his food in front of him but to no avail.

"It's alright Y/N, I'm sure everything will go as planned." Ron who happened to had a mouth full of food at the time said.

"Oh yeah easy for you to say, you're not the one playing Quidditch" Y/N said in a harsh tone. "I could die!" He exclaimed, rather dramatically.

"Oh don't be so dramatic Y/N, you'll be fine." Hermione said as she put one of her many books down. "Besides if anything were to happen it won't be much, there not that high off the ground..."

"Is it a good time to mention I have a fear of heights" Y/N chuckled nervously again while rubbing the back of his neck.

"You're kidding right?" Ron asked seriously, his mouth now free of food.

"I didn't think this through." He groaned as he laid his head on the table, carefully avoiding his now cold breakfast.

Hermione chuckled. "So what is it then?"

"What is what?" Y/N asked, trying to avoid it while still not moving from the cold hardened table.

"What made you so afraid of heights?" She asked curiously.

He really wasn't in the best of moods to be telling his best friends as to why he was afraid of heights, not one bit.

"Yeah no chance." Y/N mumbled.