Chapter 6 - Friends, Old And New

A week at the Leaky Cauldron was practically the best time for Harry and Y/N. They enjoyed their break there, and relished in the time they had left of the summer. Though Y/N was still a bit on edge from everything, and of course, what Fudge had told him.

Still, Y/N got to spend his time roaming the streets and occasionally dropping in to see Concordia and Plunkett about the first album they were producing, and actually selling it.

Which relied on a couple of songs he had already recorded beforehand, and the one from the week before, when he came with his father.

Speaking of his father.

Y/N had received a letter from him the day after settling in with Harry, that he would be joining them with the Weasley's by the end of the week, hopefully before leaving for Hogwarts. Which he was at least glad for. His father had made many mistakes, but missing a goodbye to Hogwarts was never one of them.

Letters continued to be sent back and forth between himself, Ron and Hermione as he kept them up to date on what had been happening. Especially the incident where Y/N had turned into Hagrid and caused chaos among Harry's muggle family.

To which Hermione was not remotely happy about it, but at the same time she relished that she wasn't at least a little surprised at his actions. So Y/N was glad he was keeping himself up, and away from suspicious looks. He didn't need his friends getting the idea that something was affecting. And he planned to let it stay inside.

And Ron found it hilarious.

Like always.

"Runes, Transfiguration, Divination, Care of Magical Creatures, Aithmancy, yada-yada-yada." Y/N yawned as he piled a bunch of school books on top of each other and made his way over to the counter. Harry was just behind him.

'Ah, nothing like a good few hundred books to get you through the day.'

"Why do you need all those?" Harry asked him, looking over the gigantic pile of books weighing heavy in his arms, where Harry's were light. "We can't possibly have that many classes?"

"Maybe not for you. But I love researching the various things Hogwarts and the magic world has to offer." Y/N said, trying to avoid any confrontation.

Harry gave him a knowing look.

Shrugging his shoulders, Y/N titled his head slightly. "Besides, I love reading."

'Really? What made you come to that conclusion?'

'Shut up.'

But the boy faintly heard Harry mutter. "I know that..." Thinking himself out of earshot, but he had heard him alright.

Y/N managed to get his own paid for and ready to go. He stacked as many into his bag, and carried the rest. Harry soon paid for his own supplies, and the two made an exit from the shop.

It was coming up on their last day so they and to make sure everything was in order, and that they had the right materials for their new year.

Why Y/N had so many books for so many subjects, was because he was taking in more than necessary.

Something Hermione had brought up to him, and initially he had been against it. But she had explained in her letter that it would be beneficial, and that it would provide more time. Which piped his interest, not that Hermione would know why.

But Y/N found himself needing more time than he could get his hands on.

Though he had heard little from his father, or Dumbledore regarding who would be helping him out with his new instincts and powers. The time he would be allowed could help him at least try to slow it down, or stop it entirely.