Part 9

Paged to a Board Meeting. Great. Ive got to sit through one of these again.. We all took our seats. Callie next to me. Derek and Meredith next to eachother. Jackson came in. and Cristina followed. Lastly Owen came in.

"What is this about?" Cristina asked.

"We want to hire Dr. Boswell." Owen said. My face was struck with Horror. "She is an excellent doctor. and her skills could be greatly used here. We need a vote." Owen looked around at us. "Those who vote yes, put you hand up." He waitied. Meredith, Derek, Crisitna and Jackson put there hand up. I just wanted to disappear. I wanted to crawl in a hole and never come out. All eyes were on me and Callie because we hadnt raised our hands.

"Dr. Robbins, why dont you want Dr. Boswell here?" Owen asked me. I took a deep breath. I was shaking and nervous.

"Its.. Its not that she isn't a good doctor.. b-but.. I.. I.. umm.. She's the woman I cheated on my wife with.. and.. I.." I traied off. Everyone stared, except Callie. I had tears threatening to spill out of my eyes. I hung my head, and didnt look up. I felt so ashamed. I just got my life back together,  and it felt like it was all crashing down again. An arm wrapped itself around me. I peeked up, its was Callie. She pulled me into a hug infront of everyone.  I didnt care. I just wanted it to be her and I in that moment. No one else.

Owen coughed, which broke the embrace up. "Dr. Robbins.. I know you have personal business with that. but you need to forget that. Professional. You need to be professional. because im leaving you in charge to make sure she finds everything she needs. and to make sure she feels welcome. after all, she will be in your department most of the time." My heart sank.

"Is that all?" I asked as I wiped my eyes from tears. He nodded.

"You all may go. and give Dr. Boswell a warm welcome." he said and then left. I didnt move. I sat there in the chair with a blank expression on my face because my whole world is crashing down again. Everyone left. Callie stayed. I looked at her.

"I dont want this.. I didnt ask for her.. I want nothing to do with her.." I started crying again. "I only want you. She means nothing to me. She is just a co worker now.." I couldnt help the tears that rolled down my cheeks, making my mascara run. It looked like zebra stripes on my cheeks. Callie pulled me in close. I moved to her lap. I felt like a child being comforted. I felt safe.

"I know you didnt as for this Arizona.." Callie said. "Im not leaving.. and Im not going anywhere. We are in this together because I love you." she said softly and kisses my head. I continued to cry for awhile until it became nothing but dry sobs.