Chapter 3

"You never texted me." Cody said as if he were scolding me. "I'm sorry. I was busy with other things." "Are you still busy?" "Can you come over?" "It's half past two." "What are you doing?" "In bed." "Is she asleep?" "Yeah." "Come over." "Meet me at the front door in ten minutes." He sighed. "On it." I grinned and hung up.

I carefully got out of bed, making sure not to wake Jaxon who was sleeping in my bed with me and then grabbed my phone and went downstairs. It wasn't long before I saw Cody's headlights. When I did, I went to the front door and opened it as quietly as possible. Cody came over and hugged me as he came into the house.

"Come with me." I whispered while locking the front door. Cody followed me through the house and out the back door where I sat down on a sunbed. He laid down on the same sunbed before pulling me so I was laying with him. "Why did I have to drive over here at two in the morning?" "You didn't have to." "Why did I though?" "I want to talk to you." "Should I be worried?" "I don't know." I said which made him laugh.

"While I was with Austin earlier he said that we should talk about this. And that we should talk about it where we can't shout at each other. So I decided to get you to come over here at two in the morning so we could talk about it." "What is it?" He asked.

"Why do you only care when I hang out with boys and not care when I hang out with girls?" "You never hang out with girls." "That's not the point I'm trying make and you know it." "Because I don't like it." "Don't like what?" "Why should they be able to spend time with you when you can be spending that time with me?"

"Why should girls be able to spend time with me when I can be spending that time with you? Don't tell me I don't hang out with girls because I do. I just do it rarely." "Because your girl friends can't push me out of the picture. Okay? Are we done now?" He tried to get up but I wouldn't let him. "You know what you said to me in the car? About Gigi not being able to push me back because I was here first?" "Yeah."

"Well do you not think it works both ways? Even then, you've pushed everyone I've ever known out of the picture. Now I just have a massive billboard with you on it and all the other peeps are shoved in the corner." "Jessica, what about your first boyfriend? He's going to come along and make me seem this big." He held out his hand with his fingers about an inch apart.

"You have a girlfriend, why am I not allowed a boyfriend?" "There's nothing like your first love, Jess. They will replace everyone you've ever loved and no one will ever replace them." He said. I could feel his eyes on me so I stayed staring up at the sky. "Why have a girlfriend if you're in love with someone else?" I asked. Cody sighed.

"I want you to know that I will be happy for you when you find the right guy. But only when he's the right guy. Austin Mahone is not the right guy for you." "How do you know?" "Because I know you. I know what you're like and I know how you need to be treated." "I'm so tired." I rolled onto my side and rested my head on his chest. "Don't be afraid to fall asleep. I'm right here." He ran his fingers though my hair.

The next morning, I woke up in my bed. I picked up my phone to find a message from Cody. He'd sent me a picture of me asleep in bed and the message said; Guess you're not so scared of sleeping outside after all. When we were younger, we tried to camp out in the backyard but we had to come inside because I was too scared.

I smiled to myself before getting out of bed and going downstairs. "Why was the back door unlocked when we got up?" Justin asked me as soon as I went outside. Jazmyn and Jaxon were already in the pool. "I don't know." I shrugged.

"Why were you out here?" "Do you really think I'd be out here alone? I'm terrified of the dark an-" "Jaxon found Cody's wallet on a sunbed." Dad threw it on the table gently. "We were talking." I grinned innocently and picked it up. "There's a picture of you in there." Justin said. I popped it open and looked inside.