Chapter 10

"Woah! Look at all the food!" Desiree, one of Dad's friend's daughters, gasped while looking at the table. "It's cool, ain't it?" "Destinee told me to come look, she said there was loads but wow." "I bet I'll eat at least half of this." I laughed. "I'll eat the other half." She laughed too. "Do you need any help?" "It's okay, Desiree, you can go play if you want." "Okay." She smiled and walked off.

"I'm so bored!" Cody moaned from the kitchen. "Help me then." I heard Dad tell him. "But I don't want to do that." He said to him. "He's just moaning because Jazmyn's not here and Jess won't talk to him." I heard Justin laugh. "True that." I went into the kitchen. "I didn't mean to push you in the lake. You were just there and I didn't know." Cody laughed which made Destinee laugh.

"You should have seen it." She giggled. "You wanna be next?" I teased. "You pushed her in the lake?" Chris, Dad's friend, came into the kitchen. "I didn't know she was behind me and I turned around and she kinda just fell." Cody shrugged. "You could have saved me." I narrowed my eyes. "I thought it would be funny." He smirked.

"It was." Justin laughed. "I hate you all." I walked out. "Babe?" Cody followed after me. "Are you okay? Like seriously now?" "Yes, I'm fine." "Warm enough?" "Cody, it was half an hour ago and I had a shower since. I'm fine." I laughed and shook his hands off my arms. "Where are you going?" "To get ready. Everyone's going to start arriving in an hour and a half." "Okay, I'm sorry." He laughed while hugging me.

"Cody, quit it." I pushed him away. "I love you, okay?" "There's people in the house, be quiet." I called while going upstairs. "I like you, okay?!" He shouted as I walked away. "Cool!" I shouted back before closing the bedroom door. I stripped down to my underwear before sitting on the floor in front of my mirror and starting on my hair and makeup.

An hour later, I was finished. I'd applied my makeup; bright red lipstick with winged eyeliner and the rest of it. After that I had curled my hair and put on my jewellery and purfumes. Earlier today I'd taken the three girls out to get our nails done so that was already done. By three girls I mean, Destinee, Desiree and Eby.

I put on my dress (The picture attatched) and then slid on some black heels before making my way back downstairs. "You look so pretty!" Eby greeted me at the bottom of the stairs. "Thank you, ebs." I smiled at her. "I like your sparkly top." I said. "Thank you." She grinned up at me. "Where is everyone?" "In here, follow me." She took my hand and lead me through the house.

There was already quite a few people here so I had to go around and greet all of them like you do at family gatherings. "You look gorgeous." Cody whispered in my ear which sent shivers all over my body. "Not too bad yourself." I turned to look at him. "I know, I know." He smirked cockily. "You know what?" I scrunched his shirt in my hand and pulled him closer.

"What?" Cody took a few steps closer so our bodies were almost touching. "I think I want to tell them tonight." I whispered in his ear. "Seriously?" Cody asked. "It'll make it special." "Ar-" "Jessica!" My uncle interrupted us. I let go of Cody and we moved away from each other. "Who's this?" "This is Cody. You've met him before." I reminded.

"Boyfriend?" "No, Sir. Best friend." "How old are you?" "Uncle Rob, that's not neces-" "I am talking to your friend." He said sharply. Ever since I was little he's been like this, I was never allowed to be friends with guys or have boyfriends or play with boys. "I'm seventeen, Sir. The same age as your niece." "I know how old she is, do not try to play smart with me." He glared at him.

"Uncle Rob," Justin stood in front of Cody in a protective manner. "Cody and Jess have been friends since she was evelen years old. He has nothing but good intentions with her and I think you should trust him. He's never tried anything on with Jess and has, more than once, stopped random guys trying anything on with her. He's her best friend and you should trust him. I do, Dad does so you should too." Justin said.