Chapter 27

"Have you packed yet?" "It depends what you count as packed." Cody followed me into his bedroom. "What does that mean?" "Get down," Cody pushed Romeo off his bed. "Basically, I didn't unpack from Rio so my stuff is kinda packed." "Oh my God." I mumbled with frustration. "What?" He laughed at me. "You're such a boy." "I was born like it." He said which made me laugh.

"You take Romeo for a walk and I'll sort this out." "Why do I have to do that?!" "Because I need you out the way and Romo needs a walk." I pushed him towards the door. Cody mumbled exactly what I'd just said while mocking my voice. "You're such a child." I laughed. "Why do I have to be out the way?" "Because you do."

"You can't kick me out of my own bedroom." "I just did. Now take the dog and leave." "You can't kick me out of my own house!" "Goodbye, Cody." I went back into his room and shut the door. "Bye, Jessica." I heard Cody mumble mockingly which made me laugh again.

So, we got back from Rio a few days ago and are now packing to go to Canada. We're staying there for a few days. Cody felt bad about what he'd said to me and decided that we should go there for a few days and so that's what we're doing. As well as that, we're bringing Jaxon back with us until Dad comes to California with Jazmyn. That means I'll be playing Mommy for a week. Fun.

It didn't take me long to plan a few outfits and get everything else that Cody would need. I also had time to go put his washing in the washing machine and then tidy some of his mess before putting his clothes away. Not long after I was finished, Cody came back with Romeo.

"How have you done this?" He looked around his bedroom. "It's amazing what I can do when you're not distracting me, aye?" "Thank you." Cody pulled me close to his body and kissed my lips. "Why'd you stop?" I tilted my head in a questioning way as he pulled away. "I have no idea." He smiled and pressed his lips against mine.

As we made out my arms made their way around his neck, my left hand playing with his hair and my right resting on his chest. Cody held my waist tightly while holding me against himself. "How about you guys go get some food instead of eating each other's face." Brad interrupted us. I laughed as I moved away from Cody.

"Do you want food?" I asked Cody. "Yeah, what time are we leaving?" He asked. "Flight's at seven." "What time will you get to Canada?" "We'll land in Canada around nine but won't get to Dad's until like ten. Which will actually be like one in the morning for us." I explained to Brad. "In that case, I'll go make you some dinner." "Thank you." I smiled at him and then left.

"Are Jazmyn and Jaxon at your dad's now?" "Yeah, Jaxon told me they're staying up until we get there." "When did he tell you that?" "I was on the phone to him earlier. Called Dad to tell him we had a cab ready to come get us from the airport and Jaxon kinda took over the conversation." "Is he excited?" "They both are." "I haven't seen you this happy in a while." Cody pulled me in for a hug.

"I miss them." "I know you do." "And I get my baby for longer than usual." "Why can't Jazmyn come too? I forgot." "Something to do with school." I shrugged. "But Jaxon's at school too now." "I know but something to do with her school and something she can't miss. I don't remember to be completely honest, I just know I only have one baby coming back with me."

"You can stay there for longer if you want baby, we can come back at separate times. That will be okay." "I don't want to be away from you." "Baby, you don't have to say that just to make me happy." "At some point in your life you have to grow up. I have to grow up and learn that I can't have my dad by my side all the time, with the life I've got, I can't have that. But I can have you by my side at all times and I'm extremely content with that."

"I wish you'd said 'with the life I chose' not 'with the life I've got' because that makes me sad." "But let's be honest, I didn't choose this. Justin did and I got it handed to me as a result." "You work for your success, it was not handed to you. Do not say that." "If I'd worked for it or not- I'd still be famous. That wasn't my choice." "Babe-" "I'm fine with it." I forced a smile.