Ch 9: You're an idiot, Louis Tomlinson

Louis's POV

The next day

I woke up and just laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I watched the shadows dance around the ceiling, while my brain felt the need to remind me of what happened yesterday. I had FINALLY kissed Claire, it was amazing by the way. We were just sitting there, watching the stars, when she got up and ran away. I felt so stupid, watching her run. Part of me is like, Louis, if you like her, why didn't you go after her?  but another part of me is like, She clearly doesn't like you, so you'll seem like an idiot if you run after her. That part of me is the cowardly part, so unfortunately it won. When I got back to the house, I felt so stupid. So I texted her, saying kissing her was a big mistake. It seemed like the smartest thing to do, but now I just feel stupid. What if she actually likes me and I just screwed everything up?

Good job, Louis. Good job. 

I laid there, for what seemed like forever. My phone buzzed from the floor, which is where I threw it last night after... I didn't move to check it. If it was Claire, I couldn't handle what she was going to say. Although it probably was Harry, since he was far too lazy to just walk upstairs.  I knew I couldn't lie in bed forever, but if I went downstairs, the boys would ask questions. And they would demand answers. 

KNOCK! Someone loudly rapped on my door. 

"Who is it?" I called. 

"Niall," he said with his familiar Irish accent. "Lou, can I come in?" 

I weighed my options and realized that Niall was just the person I needed to talk to. 

"Come in." He opened up the door and his eyes widened when he saw me lying on the bed. I hadn't been this down since Eleanor and I broke up. He had a handful of nuts in his hand, but he quickly swallowed them. He sat down on the bed and patted my knee. 

"What happened Louis?" he asked so simply that I broke down. 

"Claire happened Niall. I know I just met her but I really think that I might like her." 

He looked at me like I was crazy. "Ok, so you like her...I'm not seeing the problem here..." 

I sat up and now I was annoyed. "The problem is, Niall, is that I kissed her last night. And I thought she liked me but then she ran away. So I texted her saying I never should've kissed her." I buried my head in my hands. I was Louis Flipping Tomlinson for heaven's sake. I could get any girl I wanted, so why am I so messed up over a 17 year old girl that I just met? God, if this is love, it's screwed up... 

Niall sat there for minute, staring at his hands. I watched his face for a reaction, but he seemed pretty calm. "Louis, you know I love you man, but you're an idiot."  

Well that wasn't what I was expecting to hear. 

"And how exactly am I an idiot?" 

"Well, um... you really shouldn't have texted her saying kissed her was a mistake. Girls, even if they don't like you, don't like to be told that. Trust me mate." I processed what Niall was saying for a minute, then got up out of bed. 

"So what you're saying is that if I really like Claire, I should apologize?" I quickly changed into my standard outfit, a striped shirt and shorts.

"Yeah, but if you pissed her off, how are you going to do that?" 

Bless that clueless leprechaun's soul. I was the Sass Master from Doncaster... I had the answers to everything. 

**********************************************************************************************