𝐈𝐕

HARRY isn't at Cameron's house when I arrive. I don't say anything, because then Cameron will know that I'm looking for Harry and he'll probably start asking me a bunch of embarrassing questions. Or worse, he'll tell Harry I was looking for him, and that could give him some kind of leverage he doesn't need to have. So I remain painfully silent.

I meet Gabe before we leave work. He's tall and slim, with shaggy blonde hair and hazel eyes. He has an attractive smile and a cute Southern accent; he's also very friendly during the few brief moments that we see each other before we leave. He says he'll meet us at the house.

Zoey is already there when we arrive. She must have a key or something. She's also already gotten into the liquor cabinet, which results in her slurring her words and stumbling around when she opens the door. She eye fucks Gabe for all of two seconds before launching herself at him, dragging him into the house by his hand. He follows willingly with a smile.

I guess Cameron was right about those two.

We move into the kitchen. There's music playing from somewhere. Dua Lipa. Cameron makes a face while he pulls ice from the freezer.

"If she thinks this shit is staying on, she's crazy." He looks at me. "What do you want to drink?"

"Um, whatever you're drinking."

"I'm drinking a Jack and Coke. Light on the Coke, of course. I need something strong after that shit today."

Gross.

"Do you have juice or something?"

He opens the refrigerator and peers inside. "Orange and cranberry. No wait, hold on a second." He reaches inside, pulls out the orange juice container, and checks the expiration date. "Yep, orange and cranberry," he confirms.

"Do you have vodka?" I ask hopefully, and he nods and pulls out a half-empty bottle from the freezer. When I'm done mixing my drink, I carry it into the living room, observing Cameron's house along the way. It's cute, all things considered. It's small and simple, with just one level, but it has an easy layout and looks kind of new. The walls are white and void of any pictures or decorations - it definitely has bachelor pad written all over it - but it's not half bad.

Cameron, Zoey, and Gabe are all hanging out in the living room. I join them, feeling kind of awkward, because they've known each other for so long and I'm the new girl. But Gabe eases this feeling by asking me a lot of questions.

"You liking it so far?" he wonders, and I nod, answering truthfully.

"Not including today? Sure." It's been an experience, that's for sure. There weren't any doctors quite as sexy as Harry for me to lust over at my last job.

"Of course she likes it," Cameron chimes in. "She got the best preceptor in the whole fucking hospital."

"Not to mention her date with Harry," Zoey slurs, bouncing her eyebrows suggestively. I kind of want to die.

"You went on a date with Harry?" Gabe is curious.

"They tricked me into a date with Harry," I clarify.

"Well I never got my 911 text!" Zoey bellows. God, she's obnoxious when she's drunk.

Gabe chuckles, and just when I think things can't get any worse, there's a knock on the door. Everybody stops talking and laughing at once. It's almost as if a mute button has been pressed. Four heads pivot towards the door, but nobody stands up to answer.

Oh my God, it's Harry. It has to be Harry. And my torture is fresh on everyone's mind, and they're going to humiliate me. In front of Harry. Oh my God.