𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈

"YOU were right." I throw down my bag, purse, and jacket, then begin emptying my many pockets full of paraphernalia in the form of pens, scissors, tape, and alcohol swabs. Harry is still in his scrubs, having gotten off shortly before I did, and he looks at me with confusion.

"I was right about what?"

"It was Mia. Mia took the drugs." I yank my stethoscope from around my neck and sling it into my bag, then plop down on the couch beside Harry. My pride is taking a damaging hit right now, but I suck it up. This is how Harry would have felt if I'd been right.

But I wasn't right. Not even close. Light years away, as a matter of fact.

Had I really accused Dr. Ellis simply because I was jealous? It seems absurd now.

To Harry's credit, he doesn't say "I told you so," or make me feel worse in any way. Instead, his surprise lights up his face, his excitement impossible to mask. "Are you serious? What happened?" he asks. "Did she admit to taking them?"

"I went through her phone," I say unapologetically, ignoring the way Harry's eyebrow arches in a silent question. "She sent texts to her boyfriend talking about it. And then she caught me snooping and I confronted her."

"What made you snoop? I didn't think you thought it was her."

"I didn't." I proceed to tell him how I saw the incriminating text come through on her phone, which led me to read the rest of them. I also tell him how she called Kate and told her everything, which resulted in Kate returning to work to have a private, in-person conversation with Mia in her office. Mia was dismissed early, in tears, and Cameron, Shelly and I had to divide up and take care her patients for the remainder of the shift.

All in all, it made for a very long day.

"Anyway," I conclude, leaning over to steal a kiss from Harry before slipping off the couch, "I'm going to take a shower. Cameron's doing drinks at his house again and I thought we could go." Lord knows I could use at least five drinks right now.

"Alright, but I have to work tomorrow," Harry says, standing and following me to the bathroom. He strips off his clothes as I strip off mine, and I discreetly appreciate him through the large mirror. Then he catches my gaze and grins crookedly, and I awkwardly hide a blush because he still has that affect on me.

"That means you can be designated driver." I successfully avoid ogling his naked body as I say this, instead focusing my attention on adjusting the water temperature.

"Designated driver, eh?" he says as I hop into the shower. "Is that all I'm good for?"

"One of the few things," I tease.

I stand beneath Harry's many shower sprays, letting the hot water hit my shoulders and hair, sighing as it slowly eases all the worries of my day. Harry approaches me from behind and just barely presses our bodies together before planting a soft kiss on my neck. He runs his fingers lightly down my arms, then over my bottom, finally settling on the heat between my legs.

I moan softly and lean back into him, allowing his strength to support me.

"I'm happy for you, baby," he murmurs quietly in my ear. I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck, pressing my chest against his. He smiles down at me, then places a wet kiss on my lips, the sprays around us creating a thick condensation that beads and drips on skin untouched by the multiple streams of water.

"Me too," I say after another sweet, lingering kiss. Just standing here with his arms around me, knowing I'll be supported no matter what life throws my way, makes the events of this day and the ones to come even remotely tolerable.