𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

"HE really likes you, you know."

Dr. Hale pauses abruptly, her icy blue eyes flickering to mine. They're narrowed suspiciously, and, if I had to wager, I'd bet they're exactly how Ted Bundy's eyes looked immediately before bludgeoning his victims to death. Probably not the smoothest move on my part.

"What did you just say?" she asks icily.

Note to self: never remind Dr. Hale of her relationship - or lack thereof - with Cameron while she's bitching about him not being able to do his job. But in my defense, she was being a bit harsh. She wouldn't be so angry if she weren't carrying around a massive grudge due to his inability to man up and treat her how she deserves. She may have no clue how he really feels.

And why is it any of my business?

"I was just saying that he likes you," I repeat cautiously. I have an urge to run like hell, never looking back, but my ass might as well be glued to the chair for all the progress I'm making on that endeavor.

There's no one at the nurses station but us. Not necessarily a quiet day - the other nurses are busy with their patients and Meredith has run off doing God knows what. She's never around when she's needed, nor when the station is lacking cute male doctors. They're the only thing that'll lure her out of her little snake hole and tempt her back to where she belongs. Kate is in a meeting, I think, and it's otherwise just a rare moment when no one else is around. Dr. Hale stopped me as I was passing through to help her find out if a medication has been given.

"Oh really," she says shortly. She begins forcefully flipping through her patient's chart. "Well, if he likes me so much, tell him to keep my patient alive and give him his antibiotic in this goddang century."

"Okay. You want me to tell him anything else?"

"No, that's all."

"Are you sure? I can give him a personal message if you like."

"Fine. Tell him to quit acting like a child and talk to me if he has something to say. And to not send you to give his messages."

"Oh no, he didn't send me," I assure her. "He'd probably be pissed off, actually. I'm clearly putting my nose where it doesn't belong."

Dr. Hale glances at me, still suspicious. "And why are you doing that?"

"I don't know..." The question of the year, maybe? Why the hell do I even care? Cameron's worse than I am with his relationship woes. Possibly hopeless, but giving a little nudge of help in his favor couldn't hurt. "He seems kind of clueless," I say finally.

"Thank you!" She slams her hand down on the table. Her outburst is almost startling.

"I just wanted to help. It's really not my place," I go on. Yes, I at least have the decency to feel a little ashamed at intruding on their problems.

"No, you're fine." She waves off my half-assed apology. "He needs someone who can talk some sense into him. So what did he say about me?"

"Oh, um...nothing. I can just tell he really likes you."

"That's it?"

"Yes."

"Well what's his problem? Can you tell me that?"

"Uhh...no. Cameron remains an enigma to every healthcare professional in existence." Yes, that's a lie...well, the first part, at least. But it's definitely not my place to tell her everything Cameron told me. Talk about abusing his trust. And it's always better to stay on Cameron's good side, because he's just mean and slightly annoying otherwise.