Chapter 16: Noah's Break Down

When Jordan arrived at Rebecca's place to pick her up, she was still getting ready.

"I'm sorry," she said with a sheepish smile, opening the door for him. "I had to log into work to take care of something. It threw me off with the timing."

"No worries. I understand," he said, his handsome face putting on a smile as he stepped inside her apartment.

"I just need another 10 minutes." She hurried to her bedroom while he trailed behind, taking in the surroundings.

He always thought that you could learn a lot about a person by simply looking at how they kept their home. When he was last here, the place was dimly lit, and he hadn't really gotten a chance to look around. But now as he took it all in, he felt like he was learning about a whole another part of her.

The apartment felt light and open with the heavy use of white and beige. She had an essential oil diffuser on a small table by the kitchen, filling the air with the fresh scent of lavender. Dance music played somewhere in her bedroom and he could hear her singing along occasionally.

"You can come on in here!" She exclaimed; her voice muffled by the wall in between them.

"Yep," he responded, walking in her bedroom that was decorated in a similar fashion as the rest of her place.

She stood by the dresser, doing her makeup in front of the mirror that hung above it. He sat on the edge of her bed and slid his hands behind him, leaning back with a small smile on his face, watching her. She had him captivated even when doing something mundane like getting ready. He found it particularly adorable when she struggled to keep her mouth from popping open as she applied her mascara.

"I can feel your eyes on me," she commented, putting her makeup away, looking at him through the mirror.

Jordan chuckled. "Not because of my own fault. I just can't help it. Does it bother you?"

Rebecca looked down, smiled quietly, before turning around to face him. "Quite the opposite actually. I don't think getting your attention bothers me in the least bit."

"I'm glad to hear that," he replied with a grin, admiring her. She wore a simple sleeveless black dress that hit just above her knees and hugged her body beautifully. Her eyes were enhanced by the mascara and eye liner while her lips remained bare except for some lip balm.

As they continued to look at each other, the playful look slipped from their faces and their gaze turned intense. Suddenly realizing that they were alone in the privacy of her bedroom, Rebecca's thoughts wondered to the heightened chemistry between them.

While she felt emotionally connected to him, she had wondered about their chemistry once they finally got intimate. Though, if their kisses were any indication, she knew it would be nothing but passionate. Nevertheless, she wanted to feel it. She wanted to feel him.

Similar thoughts ran through Jordan's head, though, he wasn't sure if she was ready. The last thing he wanted was for her to do something she didn't want to.

She took a step closer to him, as if reading the question in his eyes, and placed a hand on his shoulders. Bending, she held his gaze until their lips met, erasing any doubts in both their heads. He placed his hands on her waist as he got up from the bed, keeping their lips locked. She sighed and gripped his shirt, walking backwards until her back rested against the wall.

He placed a hand on the wall beside her head while the other arm snaked behind her back, pulling her close. Even though she was trapped between the wall and his tall and imposing form, she'd never felt so secure and turned on before.