Chapter 5: Start of a Love Triangle

Author's Note: Sorry to keep everyone waiting! I'm behind schedule with this update.

As always, if you're liking this story so far, please vote. Also, let me know what you think in the comments below. <3

_____________________________________________

He chuckled and folded his arms on the table as he leaned in. "Well, I was born and raised on Long Island. I moved to the city about-" he paused and made a thinking face, "5 years ago."

She nodded, urging him to go on.

"I've always had a knack for business so I went and got an accounting degree from Wharton. Best decision ever, by the way." he added. She raised her eyebrows, impressed. Wharton Business School had produced some well-known faces across several industries. 

"I worked a little in banking before joining Buzz Media & Entertainment. Again, best decision ever." He looked at her over his glass of water as he sipped from it.

She tried not to smile. "So your family is still in Long Island I presume?"

He nodded, putting the glass down. "Yeah. I visit them every month or so. I used to go back a lot more frequently but life's gotten busier over the years. What about your family?"

"My family is in Long Island as well. I was born in Manhasset. Lived there till I was 18 before moving into the city."

"Ah! What a coincidence!"

With that in common, they talked about their families for the majority of the lunch

"Oh wow! Your dad actually met Elvis Presley?" Rebecca exclaimed, as she finished her food.

Jordan nodded, removing the napkin from his lap and placing it on the table. "Yep. A week before he died."

"How crazy," she mused, shaking her head. 

"What are you doing this weekend?" he asked on their walk back to work.

Before she could respond, someone bumped her shoulder as they hurried away. She lost her balance and knocked into Jordan.

"Hey! Watch it!" Jordan shouted at the person, who'd already blended in with the crowd, as he held Rebecca's arms to steady her. 

She straightened herself and got her hair out of her face. "Sorry," she muttered. "I hate people sometimes."

"Are you alright?" he asked, looking at her, checking to make sure she was OK.

She nodded and gestured to herself. "Look, pristine condition." 

"Clearly," he looked at her with amusement.

As they rode the elevator to their respective floors he stated, "you still haven't answered my question."

Her eyebrows drew together in confusion. "Huh?"

"What are you doing this weekend?" 

"Oh!" Rebecca exclaimed, remembering. 

They had already arrived at her floor so he held the doors open as he waited for her answer. 

"What's the plan?" she asked, fixing her watch to distract herself from his heavy gaze.

"Have you ever flown over the city during sunset?"

She laughed. "Nope."

"Well, I was hoping you'd come along with me this Saturday to experience that. It's breathtaking."

That had definitely been on her 'must-do' list. She also had no reason to turn him down.

"I'd love to," she agreed, smiling broadly at his clearly pleased face.