Chapter 9

It felt like the hole world just stopped for a moment. And everything that happened next, felt like it was in slowmotion. Without thinking twice, I ran over to Jayden and right before the fire could hit him, I jumped in front of him while using my own fire power to create a forcefield that protected both him and me from the shot. The moment that Max' his sword hit my forcefield, it was deflected and thrown away. Max had to jump away or he would have been hit by his own sword. "WHAT" he yelled in anger and confusion. 

Everyone looked in shock and confusion. "Okay, what just happened?" Ethan asked. I stood up from my place, anger all over my face. "Try that again and you are history!" I said to Max with a threatening voice. It was dead silent, nobody said a word. Why? Well nobody really understood what just happened. A superwolfblood who protected a Samurai ranger from being killed. That has never ever happened before. I was still boiling with anger when I slowly started to realize what I had done. I looked around me and I saw that everyone was looking very surprised at me. It was that moment that I knew that I had to tell the truth. The truth about myself, about the thing that I kept a secret for years. The anger that I felt slowly turned into fear. I knew that this moment was going to change everything. 

"Why did you do that?! Why do you keep protecting them?!" Max asked. "Because this has to stop" I said quietly. "They are our enemy Jo, don't you remember what they did to our ancestors?" Max said while looking straight into my eyes. "They killed them Jo, they killed them!" he said angry. "That was in the past Max. But we are in the present now. We have to move on from it." I said calmly to him. "How can we forget about that Jo?" Julia asked me. "How do we know they are not going to do it again to us? 

"Because I know that they would never do that, they are good people." I answered. "How can you even know that?" Jack asked confused. I took a deep breath knowing that I was about to reveal my secret. I looked at the superwolfbloods one by one and than looked at the rangers. "Because I know them" I said quietly. It was silent for a few secondes when Julia finally spoke up: "Johanna, what are you talking about, how can you possibly know them?" she asked. 

"Hold on!, Johanna as in....." Mike then said. The rangers looked at me and then realized who I was. "Johanna?!" Antonio said in disbelief. "Johanna, is that really you?" Mia asked. 

I took a deep breath and looked at the ground. I put my arms in a cross before me and said: "POWER DOWN." A bright silver light appeared around me and a few seconds later I was transformed back into my normal clothes. 

The rangers all looked at me in shock and disbelief. "Johanna, it is you" Antonio said in even bigger disbelief. "Ohmygod...." Emily and Mike said in shock. I slowly looked up and the moment I saw Jayden my heart broke into a million pieces. He looked so hurt and betrayed. What had I done? 

"Jo, what did you do?!" Ethan said shocked. "YOU IDIOT! YOU BLEW YOUR COVER!" Max shouted angry. "Johanna, how do they even know you?" Julia then asked, ignoring the fact that I just revealed myself in front of the rangers. 

"Because I am her older brother." Jayden then spoke up. 

"WHAT" all the superwolfbloods said in shock. "He-he is your brother?! But how?!" Jack asked in total disbelief. "Wait a minute, you are the sister of the red ranger? You are family of the people who killed our ancestors?!" Max said, his voice full with hate and anger. "Jo, how could you?" Luca then finally said. This whole time he hadn't said a word. I looked at my best friend and when I saw the hurt in his eyes, my heart broke even more. 

I looked at all the rangers and superwolfbloods and I felt the tears burning in my eyes.  Kevin, Max and Jack looked very angry and full of hate. Mike, Antonio, Emily, Mia, Julia and Ethan looked in big shock. But it were the expressions from Luca and Jayden that were the worst. Both of them looked so hurt and sad. What had I done? "Why Johanna, Why?" Jayden asked me with a broken voice. When I looked him in the eyes, the only thing I saw was pain and the hurt of betrayal. "I...I....I'm s-sorry, s-so sorry" I stuttered. 

I couldn't stand it anymore. All their looks of disapproval, anger and pain. I had to get away from here. I felt myself panicing and the tears slowly started to roll over my face. I looked at my hands and I saw how my veins slowly turned black. I felt my wolf coming up. I looked up one more time to everyone. All of them saw how my eyes turned from blue to yellow and how my veins slowly started to show. "I'm sorry" I said one more time. A single tear slided down my face right before I transformed into a wolf. The rangers all looked at me with wide eyes. As a wolf, I turned around and ran away as hard as I could. Away from everyone, away from everything.