~Chapter Six~

Izuku started to nervously laugh. "Ha! What? What? Who's this Todoroki boy, sir? I have no idea who you're talking about!"

Toshinori just rose an eyebrow as his face remained natural, entering the room and closing the door behind him so only the two of them were in the small room. "You can't lie to me, boy. I know everything there is to know about everyone and everything."

Izuku heard himself gulp at his dance teacher's tone. He had heard him speak like this to him before, but he was amongst a group of people. He had never had to deal with his teacher's stern tone of voice like this by himself. "S-so... You do know the Phantom? And that's why you're always the one to receive his letters before anyone else?"

Toshinori chuckled as he guided the boy to the chairs, reaching over to one for Izuku and sitting down in a separate one. "I thought that that detail would be obvious to everyone, including someone that caught his eye and trained him all these years."

"You knew about that?!" He exclaimed as he too sat down in one of the chairs.

"Of course I did. I gave him the idea."

Izuku couldn't believe this. His dance teacher knew his singing teacher, who just so happened to be the Phantom of the Opera! This was like a dream - Not a dream come true, more like a strange dream that only happens once in a lifetime. "How do you know him? Do you... Know how he got here?"

"That I do. And I will tell you. But first, I want you to tell me what you and our dear Phantom did last night while your friend worried about you."

Izuku didn't know if he was talking about Bakugou or Uraraka, but he felt very much guilty that he just disappeared without telling them where he was going to go. Then again, he didn't think that they would understand. "It was... Wonderful. He took me on a boat ride to his home, which looked more like a lair, but his home was so beautiful and fantastic, almost like going into a dark dream. And then he sang to me and we started to dance together. And then... We kissed."

Toshinori rose an eyebrow and let out a small chuckle. "Really? Then what happened?"

"W-well, we kissed for a while and then I passed out. When I woke up, we got to talking again and he showed me his opera he was working on. Then he told me how he felt about me and then took me back here."

There was a moment of silence between the teacher and the student. "Is that all?"

"Yes. That's all."

"And how do you feel about what happened?"

"Well, I feel conflicted... It was a wonderful night with him and I'm very happy that I got to get to know the man who taught me how to sing so well. But his confession was just so sudden to me. I feel like I know him so well, but I also feel like I don't know him at all. I'm just so confused. But he said that he would give me as long as I needed to figure out my feelings and he said he would still help me for Il Muto practice."

"Well, that's good. Todoroki may be mysterious, but he's a sweet boy. I'm sure that whatever decision you come up with, he'll understand and still love you no matter what." Toshinori said in a comforting tone, patting the boy on his shoulder.

Izuku couldn't help but smile. His dance teacher may have been a strict and hard man, but he knew when to be nice. "Thank you, sir. Now, if you don't mind me asking again, how do you know Todoroki?"

The older blonde haired man let out a melancholy sigh. "Well, it's not a pretty story. But basically... I'm the reason he's the Phantom."

"What do you mean?"

"I was younger than I was now. Just beginning my career as a teacher. A few of my friends dragged me to a nearby circus in the city. Tumblers, conjurors, human oddities... We were welcomed into a tent that was said to have held "The Devil's Child." It was a boy who has a large brown sack over his head. He was too skinny for his own good, covered in blue and black bruises...."