~Chapter Eleven~

It did not take long for Izuku to find a carriage to drive him to the graveyard. He had to pay the driver a small amount of money and sit in the carriage for an hour or two, but he eventually arrived to the graveyard as soon as possible. The whole time he was sitting in the carriage waiting for him to arrive, waiting of how things would be so different if his mother was still alive.

He remembered his mother very well. She was a skinny woman with the same green colored hair, fair skin, and a smile that was always painted with pink lipstick. She always gave the best songs and had a voice that could soothe any animal big or small. He missed her with all of his heart.

When the carriage arrived at he graveyard, he told the driver that he would only be here for an hour. The driver merely nodded and drove off with his horses, promising he would return in an hour. Izuku watched as he left, all alone amongst a garden of graves.

He turned around and opened the gave to the graveyard, trying to remember which grave was her mother's. He could vaguely remember watching the coffin that contained his mother being lowered into the ground and how sore his throat was from crying like the little boy he was so long ago.

He wondered around the graveyard, looking around for the grave that belonged to his mother. The snow began to fall on the cloak that covered his green hair and began to stick to the ground, adding to the piles of snow that already plagued the ground.

It was then that he paused when he spotted his mother's name. Through the ice and snow that covered the grave, he could still read the inscription. 'Inko Midoriya: A beloved daughter, a faithful wife, a kind mother.' All of those were absolutely true, even if he never knew his father.

Izuku sat down in front of his mother's grave, wiping the snow and ice off of the grave to see the name better. He gave a small sigh and smiled. "Hello again, mother. I know that it's been a while since I came here. I've been just so busy with the opera that I haven't had a second. Something's been happening, mother. I need you here with me. I wish you could come back to me." He gave out a shaky sigh and began to sing a small song that his mother sang in an opera that she had stared in. He remembered his mother's role and the song very well, as it was the final opera he saw her in before she became ill.

"You were once
my one companion . . .
You were all
that mattered . . .
You were once
a friend and mother-
Then my world
was shattered . . .

Wishing you were somehow here again . . . wishing you were somehow near . . . Sometimes it seemed
if I just dreamed,
Somehow you would
be here . . .

Wishing I could
hear your voice again . . .
Knowing that I never would . . .
Dreaming of you won't help me to do all that you dreamed I could . . ."

He could remember the image of his mother and how beautiful she was. She wore this elegant black dress that seemed to fit her as if she was born into it. And she danced around the stage as if she owned everything in it. That was when he knew he wanted to grow up and be an opera singer just like his mother.

"Passing bells
and sculpted angels,
cold and monumental,
seem, for you,
the wrong companions -
you were warm and gentle . . .
Too many years fighting back tears . . . Why can't the past just die . . .?"

As he continued to sing, tears began to stream down his face. He needed his mother to be here! He had to grow up without his mother and that was beyond painful. He had his friends and Bakugo, even Todoroki, but they were nothing compared to the love he had for his mother. And it was unfair that she was taken so suddenly from him.