~Chapter Eight~

Once Izuku arrived on the roof, he slammed the door shut behind him and allowed himself to fall against the door with his back to it. He took a few deep breaths, needing a moment to calm himself down from running so much up here.

In order to relax himself from hyperventilating, he decided to look around at his environment. To his surprised, he found that it was beginning to snow. And there was already a bit of snow on the ground, the statues, and on the railings. He always found winter to be so beautiful. It reminded him of the days he would spent playing in the snow with his mother. All the snowmen they would build, the snow-angels they would make, and the silly snowball fights they would have. It made his heart ache to think of his mother to this day. He need her to help him.

"Izuku!" Exclaimed a voice from behind the door, which made Izuku jump nearly out of his skin. But the voice had sounded like Bakugo, "It's me, Katsuki, open up!"

Deciding that there was no other option, he opened the door to reveal himself to his friend. The two hugged each other tightly. Izuku's heart started to quicken its pace in happiness. He was happy to see his friend... But also scared of what would happen if the Phantom found them. "Why did you run up here? It's too dangerous up here! We have to return you back down to the-"

"NO! I'm not going back down there! I can't!" Izuku yelled, pulling away from the other male and backing away a small bit, "He's out there! I know it! His eyes will find me and kill more men to just have me in his grasp!"

"Who?" Bakugo asked in confusion.

"The Phantom! He's the one who killed Mineta, I know he is! He's the one that caused Aoyama to sound like a toad and the one who made me the star of Hannibal a week ago! I don't know how he makes it all happen, but he's doing this for me. He's doing this to make me the star of the Opera Popularie, even if he had to kill a thousand men and women just to make it happen!"

"Izuku, there is no Phantom of the Opera! He's nothing more than a fable! I'm sure that there is a logical reason for everything."

Izuku groaned and held his head in his hand, still holding onto the rose that Todoroki had given him. He angrily looked up at his friend and showed him the Rose with the black ribbon, hoping that he would see that he was telling the truth.

"Kacchan, I've been there -
to his world of unending night . . .
To a world where
the daylight dissolves
into darkness . . .
darkness . . ."

Bakugo eyes shined with worry now as he took the Rose in his hands. He then saw Izuku's fearful face as he talked of this Phantom. But then, Izuku gave a small smile as if he know started to remember the good of the time they had spent together down below the opera house.

"But his voice filled my spirit
with a strange, sweet sound . . .
In that night
there was music
in my mind . . .
And through music
my soul began to soar!
And I heard as I'd never
heard before . . ."

"Izuku, that was a dream! Nothing more, nothing less." Bakugo said, holding onto Izuku's shoulders as if to snap him out of that state of mind. But Izuku shook his head and turned around, looking at the beautiful night sky as the stars shines brightly above him.

"Yet in his eyes
all the sadness
of the world . . .
Those pleading eyes,
that both threaten
and adore . . ."

Izuku looked back down at the ground; He felt guilty thinking like this, even when his own silly emotions was pulling him over to Bakugo as well. He couldn't see it, but Bakugou had a strange look. One that was filled with concern... And a hint of jealousy. "Izuku..."