Prologue: Izuku Midoriya

This is the first chapter of my My Hero Academia fanfiction. It is also the first ever fanficiton I ever wrote so I would love some feedback. The story starts the same as the beginning of the anime. However, this time there's a twist. I won't spoil what the twist is but I hope you enjoy my work! Be careful! This story might contain heavy content!

Meeting All Might was a dream come true. A real miracle. Standing in front of me was the hero I'd idolized most of my life. I didn't realise it at the time but that chance encounter would change the course of my future.

IZUKU MIDORIYA
Is it possible to become a hero even if I don't have a quirk? I'm a normal kid without any powers... Could I ever hope to be someone like you!?

ALL MIGHT
Without a quirk?

Spoilers. He said "no".

Can you believe it? The number one hero, the man you've always looked up to and the one who always smiles at the face of danger so that everyone can be at ease... A coward. Not to mention the weak and ugly form he really is. If this really is our society's symbol of peace, well... then I guess this world is nothing more than fake. He even admitted that he only smiles to hide the fear inside. A brave face he puts on when the pressure is high. Ugh...

...Then again, I have to give him credit. Because of him, I saw the light. Or rather the dark corridor. "Make sure your dreams are attainable" he said. A hero needs a quirk. Deep down I knew this all along.

After he shut me down, a fight broke out a couple blocks away from the rooftop I was standing on. As I muttered to myself I accidentally strolled towards it. Once there, I noticed that in the midst of the fight was that sewer villain whomst All Might saved me from before. I was quite honestly shocked and thought it was my fault. Everyone in the crowd was asking where All Might was. They all knew he was after this villain this afternoon.
The amount of blame I put on myself. I felt like throwing up. Then some other guys said that the villain had captured another kid. I looked through the gaps to get a closer look at the fight and noticed the kid that he had taken hostage was none other than Kacchan.

without hesitation, I took haste and sprinted towards the fight in an attempt to save my childhood frie-
...
My school bully.
Yeah, looking back at it, he was nothing more than a dick to me and others who weren't as blessed and gifted as he is.

However, at that moment I didn't think about it twice and just ran. Man, was I an idiot. I don't know why I did the thing I did. Maybe it was the look on his face. I just couldn't stand there and watch him die.

It didn't take long before that villain moved an arm and flung me up into the air. Tens of meters high, I went. As I was in the air, I saw him standing there, All Might, behind the crowd. I will never forget the look in his face, with his hand on his wound. His eyes were as if he were terrified.
When I was falling back down I got saved by Kamui Woods. At the same time, because of my actions, the slime guy lost his "footing", so to speak. He got careless for a second, just enough for Kacchan to get loose from his grasp. Mount Lady saw her moment and stomped the villain flat with her enlarged hand, and the battle was over in a flash.

After that, the heroes collected all the scattered amounts of sludge and the villain went into police custody. I got chewed out by the heroes, big time. While Kacchan was praised for his bravery. All was said and done and I went back on my way home. I was torn, I was tired. All I wanted to do was to go back home and sleep. But then Kacchan had to run up on me.