Chapter 7: Rivalry

Here comes Chapter 7! I hope you enjoy!

IZUKU MIDORIYA
Now tell me, why did you warp me away so suddenly?

After the invasion at the USJ, the league of villains got taken down. Most of the thugs got apprehended and the Nomu was lost too. The only people thatescaped were Kurogiri, SHigaraki and our very own Midoriya. Kurogiri had teleported Midoriya away soon into the final fight for his safety and that doesn't sit well with Midoriya. He wanted to see the fight 'till the very end.

KUROGIRI
You are of high value to us. We could not risk to lose you.

Kurogiri put a hand on Midoriya's head and apologised. Midoriya forgave him, but he's still quite upset that he lost the gift that he got from Kurogiri and All For One. They gave him another gun, but it's not the same. "It can't be helped, I guess" he thought. Shigaraki was resting in his room, the floor below them. Snipe shot him a couple of times. Ever since Kurogiri doctered the bullets out of his body with his quirk, he's been resting to recover. It's been two days now and he hasn't even came out of his room to eat. He must be upset that their plan completely failed.

IZUKU MIDORIYA
Serves that dick right to get shot. 

KUROGIRI
Why do you dislike Shigaraki so much, Izuku?

Midoriya exclaimed in a childish manner that Shigaraki is (in his words): a big meanie. Kurogiri let out a laugh.

IZUKU MIDORIYA
What's so funny?

KUROGIRI
You two are just as different as you're the same. Different ideals yet wanting the same outcome. Different morals, yet the same attitude. Say, Izuku, when we asked you wether you wanted to kill All Might, you said no. Why are you still with us if you don't follow our line of ideals?

Midoriya explained to him that even though All Might broke his dreams, it doesn't feel right to kill him for two reasons. For one, he admired the symbol of peace for so long and he did save hundred upon thousands of people countless of times. He's a hero, that's for sure, but he just needs to get his "head out of his ass". Midoriya would rather want All Might to be exposed as the fraud that he is. And second, Midoriya only wants to take revenge on those who actually hurt him. Although he murdered someone in cold blood before, All Might hasn't hurt him as much as someone like Bakugo did. He tags along because here, in the league of villains, he has found a place where people believe in him and see his worth.

IZUKU MIDORIYA
You and the master are the first people in my life that I can relate to. I want to hold onto that warm feeling for as long as I can. After all, out there, there isn't a place for a quirkless shit like me.

When Midoriya met All For One, he had the chance to get a quirk. Multiple, even. But Midoriya didn't want to get a quirk. He wanted to stay the way that he is now. It is as All Might said: you can't be a hero without a quirk. So if he can't become a hero with a quirk, he damn well can be a great villain without one. This is also the reason why Shigaraki doesn't like Midoriya much. He thinks of Midoriya as a nuisance if he doesn't have powers. He can't defend himself without one. So if he ever get caught, who knows what information about the league might get spilled to the police. But although Shigaraki doesn't like him, he can see his worth too. The young boy's skill to analyse quirks and create flawless plans is of great use for the league. And because he is just quirkless kid, the police don't look for him as much since they usually have their hands full already. Midoriya is wanted, but he can still roam the streets at day because he isn't a big threat in the eyes of the police. And on the streets, people don't really think much about who is wanted by the police or not. Still, to protect himself nontheless to get recognised, he walks around with a mouth mask.