Chapter 35

Ch. 35
( Kid )
11 months before:

  Crona and I were sitting on our couch. Watching T.V. at our newly-bought apartment. We were pretty proud of our purchase. It was something we both earned.

  We weren't really watching the television. We never really did. We just liked sitting together and occasionally chuckle if one of us were listening to it.

  Crona always propped up his legs on the couch infront of him, hugging his knees. Today he layed down. I guess he was tired.

He rested his head on my lap. I was mindlessly stroking his hair.

"Crona?"

"Yeah?"

"I figured it out."

He stayed silent. Thinking about what I had "figured out."

"Oh. Yeah. And?"

"I think I'm attracted to both genders."

"Great. Im glad you figured it out." He got up and kissed me on the cheek.

And that was the end of it. No big deal.

  Of course I never loved another. It didn't matter what gender I was attracted to. I only had eyes for him. This was put to the test when one day Justin knocked on our door. You remember him. The kid who decided to kiss me after detention. The same kid who bullied Crona for being gay, when he himself was indeed gay. The one Crona hated.

I was the one who opened the door.

"Justin?" I asked, astonished.

"Kid!" His face lit up but then quickly darkened when he saw Crona behind me.

"He's still here?" Justin hissed.

"I wouldn't be here if I knew the trash wasn't taken out yet." Crona retorted folding his arms over his chest. Justin glared at him.

I would've done something but, I really enjoyed seeing Crona like this. Fighting back. Fighting for me. It kinda turned me on, actually.

  I knew it was bad. But I stopped it soon enough.

"Justin, can I ask why you're here?" I said.

"Well, I came to see you."

"Why?"

"Because im in love with you."

Crona looked at me with pleading eyes. As if saying "please don't leave me."

Tsk, doesn't he know me by now?

"Sorry, Justin. I love Crona." I said matter-of-factly.

Justin looked as though he had tasted something rotten. He turned to Crona.

"I can't wait until he leaves you for some girl," Justin smirked at Crona, "he'll have way more fun with her. Probably have twice as much sex. Did you even have sex yet? Hah, doubt it. Hell, he probably does it now without you noticing. While you're out buying stuff or doing whatever, he's here banging some chick on the very bed you sleep on. And at night, he goes ou-"

"That's enough!" I said. I gulped. I could feel the tears swell up my eyes, "that's enough." I repeated.

I looked back at Crona. He was desperately trying to keep it in. His eyes faltering.

"Leave, Justin."

"But-"

"NOW."

Crona jumped. He was shaking.

I hated Justin, I hated him. I would never hurt Crona like that. Never.

"Crona?" He was bawling. I quickly embraced him. I tried calming him down as he cried in my chest.

"Was that true?" His voice muffled, "what he said."

"No, no it isn't."

"But you think about it, don't you?"

"Crona, you're the only one I think about."

"I'm sorry."

That was Crona, always apologizing.