gif banner| the lost hawk

In the light of recent events, schools and universities have been closed and classes are now online. Which means I have way too much stuff to do and even more ways to procrastinate.

I've always liked the idea of magicians in magic guilds (I watched way too much Fairy Tail, I'm sorry). Having that kind of system in mind, I came up with a story idea which included a gravity wizard and a thunder wizard. They would eventually team up to track down a fellow magician who went missing. This idea is collecting dust in my drafts, maybe I'll write it someday, who knows.

Then I found a vector banner dedicated to this idea. Maybe I played around with it a bit.

I think I set a record in layers used to make a graphic. This monstrosity has layers, adjustments, groups, you name it. It has some 100 layers (though this number could be cut down by half, it's just that I like having clipping masks for everything).

I cheated my way through the mouintains, rocks and model (found some pngs, recolored them, and then cleaned up a bit) which is why there may be some difference in edge crispiness. The fancy edges were made using a brush. The hair was done 50:50 - used a hair brush to create strands and a normal blob brush for the main shape of the hair. The cliff of darkness was painted on with a blob brush.

Oh, and the font used is Desire. While making the title, I realised why people like it so much.

What are your thoughts? :)