Chapter 2

Yuehua Entertainment, practice room

"So you are telling me, we will be attending Weekly Idol for the second time in a month??" Yoorim asked Jiwon back in surprised when she was checking her eyes makeup in front of the mirror wall.

"Yes. That's what manager told me." Jiwon didn't look back because she was busy with the laptop at the corner of the room.

"Huh?" Sihyeon looked up from her phone in confusion, "Haven't we just done it not long ago?"

Jiwon sighed slightly, "Because of the virus, our plan was disrupted. And only thing we can do except preparing the next album is attending different TV programs. This is the only way to increase our exposure at this particularly difficult time."

Serim joined the conversation while she was stretching out on the floor, "I thought we would have some extra time to rest..."

"We can't rest, girls."Jiwon finally looked back to them, with the serious face that she rarely shown, "Not now. Not before we have achieved company's expectations. There is still a long way to run."

"Yeah, you're right, Jiwon unnie. If we failed..."

"We won't fail. Never." Eunji suddenly interrupted, "Trust me, unnie. One day our album will be composed by us, and we will perform all the songs which are written by us. I know that day will come sooner or later."

"Well said, Han Eunji!" Yoorim couldn't hold but clapped for the girl powerful speech. Serim and Sihyeon also gave their thumps up.

Jiwon couldn't help but smile brightly to the girls ' energy. She knows they will. They will become famous and they will be able to compose their own album without permission one day. This is her dream. And she believes in her group.

"Anyway, it's time to start practicing, but where is Yiren?"

"Oh, I saw her walked out the door to pick a call few minutes ago." Yoorim answered uncertainty, "Seems her best friend called."

"Wait, you mean Justin? Isn't he in China right now?"

Rooftop of Yuehua Building

Yiren pulled out her phone from her jeans pocket and saw 5 missed calls popping on the screen.

It's Justin. Her best buddy since they were trainees. But because Justin mostly actives in China, after Yiren debuted in Korea, they have rarely contacted due to their heavy workload.

Yiren was surprised to see the called from her friend. This was uncommon. Idols barely have personal time to maintain relationship. If you had times which means you have not yet succeeded. This is the rule of the game.

"What made you call me, Huang Justin?" Skipped the greetings, Yiren scoffed when the other picked up.

"Hey, Beauty~ It's been a while!" She almost vomited when she heard that nickname. That was her most famous nickname along with Justin's Prince. Back to the trainee days, everyone liked to call them by these nicknames after once they performed together as a team named Beauty & the Prince at the monthly elimination. "I called you several times this morning but you didn't pick. Seems you were very busy huh."

"You bet." Yiren frustratedly continued, "I just came back from America yesterday, and I still can't get rid from the jet lag."

"Ah.. That happens. You will get used to it."

"Thank you so much for your advice, Senior! And yet, you haven't answer my question, duh."

Justin strangely silenced for few seconds, "Just... something's happened." He said ambiguous and equivocal, "Don't you know yet? I thought you knew it."

"Know what? Just tell me. Don't you dare to test my patience."

"Don't you know Everglow will attend Weekly Idol in two days? Didn't the company tell you?"

"They told us at the briefing this morning..."

"With Ateez." Justin broke in.

What? "......May you pardon?" She frowned in disbelief. On the other hand, she suspected that she might have hallucination, since the words that came from Justin's mouth were extremely ridiculous.

"With Ateez. You will attend that show with Ateez."

"Are you sure? Like SURE??" Yuehua always tells their artists to avoid interacting with other artists, whether they are male or female. This is the unwritten rule. Thusly, it's completely illogical that company would agree them to attend a program together with a boy group. "How could this happen??" She was totally stunned by the news.

"Just happened!" Justin sighed heavily, "It's Jongho. He called and told me last night. He probably won't lie to me."

Yiren blinked a few times and spoke emotionlessly, "Oh... You two still keep in touch."

"Not exactly. He just suddenly called me." Justin calmly explained, "And I didn't block him, so why?"

"Aren't you my best friend? Don't let me find you betraying me." Yiren was taken aback by what he said, as if he had forgotten the past.

"How could I? C'mon Wang Yiren, don't be so prissy."

His words pissed her off successfully, "You know what he did to me, JERK!! And you dare called me prissy? I guess you forget that you promised you will be always on my side!!" She winded heavily after shouted out her anger.

"I AM always on your side, damn it!! Since when I'm not?? And please make it clear. You are the one who have beef with him, not me." Justin was grieved and upset.

After a few seconds of silence, "Sorry... I shouldn't shout at you." Yiren chagrined wiped her face and she was regretting what she just did to her best friend.

"It's been two years, sis..." The boy whispered and sighed, "You still haven't get through it... Just like him."

She snorted, "I think he's doing good." Without me. He's certainly doing better without me.

"Yeah, he thinks you're doing good too." Justin chuckled, "Anyway, get back to the topic. Since you blocked all of his contacts—"

"He blocked me first, duh."

"Whatever! Can you please let me finish, miss?!" Justin rolled his eyes, annoyed by being interrupted, "Listen, I have to go now so I will make it short. Just. Contact. Him. He has something to discuss with you."

————————————————————————

Thank you for every comment!! ;)

Please don't hesitate to point out if there is any grammatical mistake!!

Actually I'm practicing my English through writing ✍️

I hope my writing will be getting better and better!!!🙈

Sorry two Maknaes still haven't met in this chapter. But since they were ready to unblock each other, it's a good beginning~