Chapter 3

We don't talk anymore. We don't talk anymore.
We don't talk anymore. Like we used to do.
We don't love anymore. What was all of it for?
We don't talk anymore. Like we used to do...
- We don't talk anymore, Charlie Puth

Ateez's dorm

We can't take this risk, Jongho. You know we can't. I won't let you attend the show if you can't handle your feelings. You got it?

Lying in bed and staring at the ceiling. Jongho was thinking about his captain's words at 1:00am in the midnight.

Seriously, if you can't keep this secret like it never happened, you shouldn't meet her.

He covered his eyes with his elbow, let out a deep breath. He was struggling. He knew he should avoid her, but how could he do this forever? They will meet, just sooner or later. That's why he chose to face it. But he didn't know if he made it right.

The funny thing is he just found out he was blocked when he tried to call her. Can't blame the girl because he did the same first. So he had no other choice but to call Justin, the only common friend of them, to pass the message to her.

It's truly awkward to call Justin not just because they have been out of touch in years. He never told but he literally hated whenever Justin acted like he knew Yiren better. Even though they were friends.

How could they still be so close but left him struggle alone like this? It's ridiculous. But even more ridiculous is he would still be jealous of it.

No, he wasn't jealous. He just felt a bit unfair. Stop it! He can't mess this up. He promised the leader he will take care of it.

"Arghhh!!!" The boy groaned in headache and fiercely swept his hair. His moves woke his roommate.

"...Are you alright, Jongho? Why don't you sleep?" Mingi asked in half awake.

"Did I wake you up? Sorry, hyung. I'm gonna sleep right now." Jongho apologised and turned to face the wall.

As he was about to fall asleep, a sudden buzz from his cell phone under the pillow startled him. He quickly fished it out and his heart still skipped a beat even though he already knew who it was.

You got 1 message from Mando.

Everglow's dorm

Yiren was staring at her phone in the dark. She was about to text Jongho but there is one problem: How could she still mark that bastard's nickname as Tofu?

Tofu and Mando were their nicknames when they were dating. He made the name for her first since she always bundled her hair up after practice. And she named him Tofu because he was so soft when he spoke.

Ugh... Their past is just unacceptably naive.

She frowned when she found it's already 1:00 am. She has been already sitting in the bed and remembering the past for half an hour.

Fine. Just forget the nickname. She would change it anyway. She took a deep breath and started with a safety question:

- Me, 1:05 am
Did you change your number?

- Tofu, 1:05 am
No.

She was taken aback by his quick response.