Baby | Jonah Marias

I stare at the bench top from where I'm sitting on the floor in the bathroom. The pregnancy test I've just taken sits there, out of my view, waiting to be checked. I have to wait five minutes, and so far it's the longest five minutes of my life.

For the past two weeks, I haven't been feeling great. I didn't much of it, but then last week, my period was three days late. It still hasn't come, so when Jonah went out to get some groceries, I locked myself in the small bathroom in the apartment we share to use the test I bought but never thought I'd use.

After another couple of minutes, I take a deep breath before scrambling to my feet and slowly peering at the test sitting on the bench. Then my heart stops for a second.

It says positive. 

This test wasn't one of those ones that had a line or a cross, but the one that simply said Pregnant or Not Pregnant. And this test said "Pregnant".

I sat back down on the floor, my head in my hands. What was I meant to do? Jonah would be home soon, and I would have to tell him eventually. I take a few more deep breaths, stand up again and unlocking the bathroom door, before walking into the small hallway.

I open the small cupboard and search through until I find a small box. I open it and place the test in the box, and tie a piece of ribbon around it, ending it in a bow.

Then I walk back to the living room and sit on the couch, until Jonah gets home five minutes later. When he walks in, he sees me and smiles.

"Hey baby." he drops the shopping bags in the kitchen and comes to sit next to me. I'm not hiding my nerves very well, because the first thing he asks is, "Are you okay?"

I nod, not trusting myself to say anything. He leans forward and takes my hands in his. "What's wrong? I can tell something's wrong." I sigh, and then reach behind me to grab the box.

"This is for you. Just...don't be mad at me, okay?" I say. He nods and I hand him the box. He raises an eyebrow, then unties the ribbon, and takes the lid off of the box. He looks at the test, without taking it out, and freezes. For a second, I think he's mad. 

Then his face breaks into a smile, and looks up at me. "You're pregnant?" 

I nod again. "I guess so. That's what the test says, my period is late, and I've been feeling sick for a couple of weeks. It just makes sense." I sit and wait for Jonah's reaction. He doesn't move for another few seconds, but suddenly he leans forward and pulls me into hug. I rest my head on his warm chest and we sit there for a few minutes, just in each others arms. 

"So what are we gonna do?" He asks. I pull back and look Jonah in the eye. 

"Well, I'm keeping the baby. It is your baby, but you can leave me, or do whatever you want, but I'm keeping this baby." I tell him. He smiles.

"I would never leave you just because you're pregnant Y/N. I mean, I'm gonna be a dad!" His smile widens, and eventually I can't help but smile too.

"You mean that?" I ask. He nods.

"Everything. I've always been a bit jealous of Jack and Gabbie with Lavender, but now we can have our own." he grabs my hands again and kisses them. I laugh and he does too. 

Jonah pulls me closer and leans down to be level with my stomach. He kisses it and then starts talking to it.

"Baby, you're going to be so loved, and you'll have the best mum and dad, and you're gonna have a best friend waiting for you." I laugh and kiss the top of his head, and then he pulls me in for another hug.

And I genuinely smile, because I know that everything Jonah said to the baby and my stomach is true.

A/N

Hey! I hoped you liked the first Jonah Imagine! I really like the ones where someone is pregnant, and so I thought I'd write one. Remember, if you want to request one, leave a comment or dm me, and I'll do my best to make it happen. With all of this Coronavirus stuff happening, I'll probably have a bit more free time than normal (Ha, no pun intended for any Ruel fans!)

Have a good day, Bears!

L Bear xx