Chapter 5 : Lunches & Friendship

{A good heart is filled with Imaan}

|Ameera Bint Ahmed|

Im an early bird, I hate sleeping in and lazying around, I mean once in a while is fun but not all the time.

I woke up with a throabing headache. It literally made me want to bang my head on the wall but I had a long day ahead of me. I made my way downstairs without getting ready as I had to instruct our chef to prepare something special.

Zainab and Nabeela were coming over today, we decided to not go to university today and work on the research that was due in 2 weeks time. I called Zainab over so she could give us company as well as meet my mother who misses her so much.

I left a note on the counter with all the dishes I needed for the day because both of them will stay for lunch but I'm going to make sure Zainab stays over so there has to be something extra for dinner also.

I made a cup of chai and strolled back upstairs to sit in my balcony and get my morning portion I made my way back upstairs to sit on the swing in my balcony and watch the sun rise. Its so peaceful, helps you get a positive start to your day

♡♡♡

My dearest ummi took a work from home day so that she could meet my new friend and meet her long lost daughter.

Since Zainab loves my mothers Gulab Jamun, we decided to make it and leave it aside for her. Trust me when I say this, there will be no Gulab Jamun left for tomorrow and if there is, she's going to take it home. In her words, "Amma makes the best gulab Jamun in the world, if you not finishing it all within a day, youre losing out."

I took a seat on the blue couch in my living room waiting for the girls to arrive and at the same time Shav showed up. He gave me a nodd whilst sitting on the opposite end of me. He seemed lost in thought as I rambled on asking about the company and its investors.

Im tired of not getting a response, "Shaveer?! Kaha ghoom hogaye ho (where are you lost) ???" still no response.

"Shaveerrrrrr!?!" I yelled out of frustration, is this insaan (human) deaf, can he not hear his younger sister screaming at him?

Just then something clicked in my head and I had a devilish smile on my face. Im so proud of me.

I made my way towards his ear and yelled, "SHAVEERR!!! ZAINAB IS HERE!!! STOP DROOLING OVER HER YOU HARAAMI" as loud as I could. His face went pale and his eyes widened in horror and immediately started wiping the sides of his mouth in horror. His head lowered and without looking up he whisper asks, "Where is she standing?"