Chapter 7: The mutual feeling of friendship

*Hannah's POV*

"Are your sure you'll be able to climb down in your condition?" I shield my eyes from the sun, as I looked up as Jacob tittered on the edge.

"I'm sure! Just cause my ankle broken doesn't mean I can't do things for my self. Just make sure you have my crutches ready." He called down.

"Alrighty then." I grabbed the two crutches from the pavement and leaned them up against the building. " I still don't appreciate you throwing them at me from twenty feet in the air!" I could see the smirk on his smug face.

"Sorry." He gave a slight shrug.

I gave a soft sigh and rubbed my hands on my jeans. Small spots of blood stained my thighs where I had Jacob curled in my lap. 

I knew there was something he wasn't telling. Something like that doesn't happen when your awake, it's suppose to happen in your sleep, when you start suffering from unbelievably horrifying kind of nightmares, due to something traumatic, but what happen with Jacob was frightening. It started with a simple nose bleed, then everything went down hill from there. He would close his eyes for a few seconds, and I would be afraid he would never open them again. His breathing would become so shallow I thought he had stopped breathing a few times, and his skin was sticky and clammy, and very cold to the touch.  I sat cradling his limp body for a good full class period, missing fourth and most of fifth before deciding I wasn't going back to any of my classes.  I tried to keep him drinking water, but every time he took a sip, he would end up puking it all back up.

 "I'm here to call for help if you fall!" I could hear him give a slight snort.

"I got this!" He slowly started descending the ladder.  " I got this." He whispered more to himself, than to me.

"Okay." I squinted my eyes up at him. His brightly colored cast seemed to reflect a unnatural amount of sunlight. " How are you feeling?" I called.

He was quiet for what seemed the longest time, then when he reached the long step on the ladder he slowly turned his head around. " I'm fine, now just help me from here."

I placed my hands on my hips. " I thought you didn't need my help?"

I could tell he wanted to say something nasty to me, but refused against it. " Fine, I'll do it myself." He carefully lowered his body down and jumped onto his good leg. He hopped around in small circles for a minute, before making his way over to his crutches. " I told you I could do it." He gave a triumphant smile.

"Never doubted you could." I rolled my eyes and pulled my keys out from my purse.

"I'll wait here while you pull your car around." He leaned up against the school building and pulled out his cigarettes.

"Oh no, you can walk, it's not far anyway. I park behind the school all the time, anyway." He gave a annoyed sigh and stuff the small box back into the side pocket of his jeans. " Plus there is no smoking in my car." He gave a loud groan. I turned away from him and let out a small laugh.

I quickly hit the alarm button, and yanked open the driver side door. I slid into the worn out leather seat and quickly started up the car.

Jacob roughly pulled open the passenger side door and stared down at me. " You okay?" I looked up into his eyes. His face was drawn into a hard line, and fear glisten in the back of his eyes.

"Yeah." He choked.

I knew he is lying too me, because quite frankly he was very bad at lying when he was one, in pain, or two scared shitless. This time I could see he was a little of both and I had the strong urge to find out way.