Ch. 2 Protecting Jack

So I found out from the judge that the lady is taking me to Death Academy. Which was supposed to be a correctional and psychiatric facility. To my surprise and horror when she got me alone she told me the truth. That is just a cover up for what it really is.

Death Academy is where they actually teach people how to basically get away with murder. It was actually created by the government to help maintain a healthy order on population. Heathy, they say. More like fucked up. What has the world come to when the government that's supposed to protect us aims for us to get murdered?

She left me with slight files on the inhabitants of Death Academy. Her idea of preparing me for the world in which I'm bout to enter, but in all actuality has me scared senseless. All of these people are intense compared to me. I'm bout to be thrown in the midst of thousands of killers. I studied it to the best of my ability before giving up.

I rub my temples as I stare out the window of the train I'm riding, the knowledge I've received is overwhelming. I was dropped off to collect my belongings and given a train ticket to Selicina. She told me she didn't fear me not showing up, because they'll easily find me. This way I could get somewhat acquainted with the city I'll be in before starting my time at the academy. I'm going have to find an ally or friend soon if I'm going to survive.

The train stops at Selicina station and I get off with my bag. The lucky thing is I didn't have many belongings. I look around as I walk through the city. I come to a mall and I pause looking up at it. There are cop cars all out front.

"Who are we dealing with?" I hear an officer ask another. I hang back out of sight as I listen in.

The other rubs the back of his head as he sighs, "it's the infamous bandaged freak, Jack, they believe. Man this is a suicide mission."

Just at that time someone comes over their walkie, "We have lost sight of him. We think he may be heading towards the back of the mall."

My eyes widen as I discreetly hurry away from them. Jack... I read about him. He's said to carry a scythe and completely eradicates his victims. I cringe, not that I can say anything, I did chop up a group of guys.

I now have to figure out what to do. Do I assist him or go on my way, pretending I was never here? I plan on just minding my own business when last second I turn to head behind the mall. I hide between a dumpster and the building, and keep peaking around. I curse myself for getting myself in this situation, what's to stop him from slicing me up?

As I peak out once again, telling myself this is pointless because there's no guarantee he'll come this way, I actually see him coming my way. He looks annoyed as all hell. Great, what am I even doing? As he gets to where I'm at I grab his arm and pull him behind the dumpster.

He looks at me in shock, "what the fuck?!"

I quickly pull off my jacket and throw it at him. "Hurry up and put that on!" I peak around the dumpster making sure the coast is still clear as he slides it on, looking the most confused. I step back and lean against the wall.

He stares at me as if analyzing me, "What's with the hoodie?! Why aren't you running from me, do you not know who I am?!"

I sigh as I try and reign in my fear and nervousness, "I'm trying to help you idiot. So stop yelling before you get us caught." Just how am I going to help him? Well there's that one thing I saw in a movie once... but will that work, and am I really willing to do that with him?