Ch. 3 Lone wolf Cafe

I walk around, continuing to survey the town. I come across a small cafe that doubles as a bar and step into it and look around. In the main room is some tables, chairs, and a bar. In one room, off to the side, is a lounge room that has books, soft chairs, and couches in it for a nice place to relax.

I walk up to a girl running the bar, she has long blonde hair put up in pigtails. She looks kinda snobby actually as she very obviously ignores my presence while filing her nails.

I clear my throat awkwardly, "u-um excuse me miss."

She leans her head back as she looks at me from over her nose, she blows a bubble before popping it loudly causing me to wince. "Like can't you see I'm busy? What the hell do you want?" Annoyance laced in her tone as she rolls her eyes at me.

"I-I was wanting to ask if I may use your phone," I say nervously while fidgeting with the strap of my bag.

She scoffs, "Like why would I let you use that? If you aren't going to order anything then leave. I hate people who waste my time. Gosh." She goes back to filing her nails and I sigh as I start to turn around.

"Now what is going on here?" A guy asks walking up to us. I turn to look at him. He has black hair and strangely enough an eyepatch.

The girl snaps to attention quickly her snobby look turning into one of sweetness. "Julian! What are you doing here~? I thought you weren't supposed to be here today?"

He sighs, "ran into some trouble while I was out, but that's not impor...tant." He briefly paused as he was speaking when he glanced at me, his eye widening ever so slightly before going back to his stoic expression. "Why are you giving the lady trouble Lily?"

She looks horrified, "me? Like I didn't do anything I swear! She came up demanding to use the phone. I told her that if she didn't like chill out I'd have to ask her to leave... she got rude and then she got so mean to me!" She pouts with tears brimming her eyes.

I look at her dumbfounded. How manipulative and delusional can she be? But before I can even open my mouth to rebut her claims he speaks up.

"Lily, I heard it all." He says while crossing his arms, "so dry up your fake tears please. While you are at it, clock out and take the rest of the day off. I cannot deal with your mess right now."

She looks at him in shock and goes to argue but he gives her a look that silences her. She just grabs up her things and stomping off while shooting me a glare.

I watch after her making sure she's not going to come and stab me in the back. She definitely seems like the yandere type. I'm not ready to die over some guy I barely even know.

"Here," the guy she called Julian says.

I jump before looking at him, "h-huh?"

He's behind the bar now, holding out a phone, "you needed to use this right?"

I blink at it unsure, "a-are you sure that's really ok? I-I don't want to get in trouble."

He looks at me curiously, "timid..? Huh." He then chuckles and tosses the phone to me, and I barely catch it. "I own this place so no, you won't get in trouble."