Chapter 33: Pain and Comfort

Louis's POV

As we reached the hospital, Harry looked like he forgot something and looked around on the floor of the helicopter and I asked him what was wrong by mouthing it because it was loud in here, "Colin! We left him behind!", he whines and I also forgot about the little dog. He was right behind us till the elevator so I called Sammy to check. Colin was apparently running back and forth and looking at the door with his favorite stuffie and started scratching at it and that was so unusual.

He was so well trained but without his primary owner he felt lost and Harry's anxiety seemed to be worse and tense so I ask for her to bring little Colin to us at the hospital and luckily the building was only 15 minutes away by car and about 5 minutes by air.

When I reassured Harry that Colin would be coming, his spirits seemed lifted again. The loud engine could be heard through all this talking too, so we were mostly yelling to communicate. The helicopter soon turned off and we got out and we were met with staff. I paid good money for the best of the best and they gave us top level care.

Out of the corner of my eye while we check in I could see Harry seem to be more uncomfortable as he winced a bit and we entered the building. I signed the paper work while waking as the staff pushed the bed. The smell inside was less stale than I thought but the staff usually rushed patients off helicopters to the inside so this area got more airing time. We reached 3 floors down to the wing we were suppose to be at, and it was fantastic.

I went to view this hospital before Harry came back to me and knew this would be the best place after looking at all of them nearby. I bought a space in the luxury birthing suite that would only be able to be purchased by someone with a lot of money and nothing was too much for my Harry so of course I bought it.

We wheeled Harry into the room that looked almost like a hotel and they rushed to make Harry comfortable while I got the stuff off the bed and onto the couch. It had a more high tech medical bed, a large luxury tub for water births, and everything the doctors and nurses would need. Harry's face was shocked, "This is incredible!", he said forgetting about the cramps for a few seconds, but his body reminding him quickly.

The room was mostly white with wide windows looking out at the city, but it was just starting to be morning by the time we came in so we drew the curtains. It was a soothing light yellow gold color coming through the blinds and looked almost magical. I helped Harry get comfortable in the bed and settled him in when our doctor came. It was the same one as we saw earlier from our appointments and I made damn sure he would be here the whole time during his birth.

He had Harry hooked up to machines, had an iv put in, he gave Harry a gown to change into and left, then returned, and examined Harry. He concluded right off that my omega was in fact in labor and asked Harry to lay down so he could check how many centimeters dilated he was. Fucking hate this part, I grumble to myself silently and helped with steading Harry's legs as the old doctor checked after the lube was put on.

The doctor closed his eyes and focused on his hands for a bit but then took out his fingers swiftly and told us he was 4 centimeters dilated and that now it was just a waiting game. They told us to buzz the cal light anytime we needed anything and we both nod. The atmosphere felt like it was calming down and we finally felt like we could relax.

The whole room was lovely and calming, and the bed looked wide and comfortable with nice sheets. Harry had on a baby pink gown and his curls looked softer than ever. He was propped up in his bed and had a lot of pillows supporting him. It looks like he was slightly adjusting the bedding to nest the way he wanted, but he would pause occasionally for his contractions.

Once he got comfortable, I went up to Harry in the bed and put my hand to his cheek and we locked eyes. His face was round and his cheeks were all flushed red and cute, and he gave me a little smile. "Thank you so much for keeping our baby.", I said knowing full well he could have had an abortion. He nuzzles into my hand and nods and kisses my hand gently and I then gave him a peck and told him I was gonna freshen up in the bathroom with the door open and honestly all I had to do was wash my face, brush my teeth, and use the bathroom. I soon came out to Harry breathing more heavily than just a few minutes ago.