xxiii

jisung was in the zone, spitting verse after verse into the microphone that was hung infront of him. changbin and chan were both cheering him on, which made his confidence boost.

it had been only a week since the incident but 3racha was scheduled a comeback soon and they weren't even close to finishing recording. the whole thing set them back, which made jisung feel guilty. changbin and chan both reassured him that it wasn't his fault, but he didn't believe them.

to get them back on track, jisung decided that he would grind extra hard. he skipped meals to produce a few new songs and didn't get more than 3 hours of sleep each night to make sure that his raps could be recorded in one go and wouldn't take too much time. it was a little unhealthy, but jisung promised the others that he would be back to normal once they were on track.

jisung preferred to not have downtime lately, and sleeping was considered downtime in his head. he usually loved having time to himself, preferring to lay in bed and watch youtube than work on his raps. but lately he couldn't sit still. he was a fidgety mess and his mind wandered to bad places.

"amazing work ji!" chan chimes once jisung steps out of the booth. he smiles and says a quick 'thank you.' changbin heads into the booth next and starts his recording.

"how you feeling?" chan asks as he hands jisung a water bottle. jisung shrugs.

"so so. distracting myself has been working on keeping me out of that state though."

"that's good," chan smiles. "we were talking about ice cream afterwards, you in? bin's just gotta finish up then we're done for today."

"that sounds fun! i didn't bring my wallet though."

"it's on me. bin's already pulled that one on me too." chan chuckles. the two boys turn their attention to changbin who was currently spitting out a verse that would beat maaaatryoshka. they cheer him on and earn a glare from the management.

soon enough, the three are standing in line to order in the small ice cream parlor that was down the road from their recording studio. jisung and chan were both poking fun at changbin as he was shamelessly staring at the boy behind the counter.

"awe binnie had a crush~" chan sings out, earning him a soft punch in the shoulder. changbin was a helpless flirt when he wanted to be, but that didn't mean he didn't get flustered.

"how much you wanna bet he's gonna get his number?" jisung teases. chan responds with a smirk and pulls put his wallet.

"25,000 won he freezes at the last minute."

"deal!"

"i am literally standing right between you two."

all three rappers laugh and not-so-patiently wait until its their turn to order. changbin's attitude completely switches from a jokester to a confident flirt, and jisung knows hes won this bet.

"hand me my money." jisung laughs, holding his hand out.

"wait brat, this might switch around."

the two watch as changbin walks ahead of them slightly and leans over the counter with a smirk that could kill plastered on his face.