Kabanata 8

Kabanata 8: Back

"D-dad, please... Let me convince her.." I miserably said, since there's nothing left to solve this situation.

"Well, you can't convince me." Malamig niyang pahayag, and turned his back from me to sit on his swivel chair.

Lumapit ako sa kaniyang office table at tumayo na sa kaniyang harapan. "But Dad, p-please..." I cried more. "Just let me go back there... Kahit ako na lang ang pumunta roon ulit, I'm sure Mom would give in-"

"She didn't even get threaten of me to sue her! How much more you go back there and convince her?" He cut me off with his frustrated tone.

"But Dad!" I tried to compose myself. "If you want to solve this problem immediately then let me help you! Let me convince Mom back there, and let me help you as your daughter..." Mas lalo lang akong napaiyak.

"Just p-please... I wanted so bad to get this family back together... but I know, wala na akong magagawa." I cried as I pleaded.

Natahimik siya habang patuloy akong umiiyak sa kaniyang harapan, sapo-sapo ang buong mukha.

I wiped my tears and faced him again, dozing off on his chair.

"Do you really want to get over from her?" I trembly asked.

He sighed heavily, as I stared at his helpless and dim face.

"I-I don't know..." Nauutal niyang sagot. "But she caused me pain a-and... she can't even spend her whole life with me..." Pain lace on his voice, pero humalakhak siya.

"Lugi ako sa Mom mo, Rita." He said painfully that it tears me.

My heart broke after I heard that from my father and nilapitan na siya roon para mayakap ang miserableng-miserable kong ama. I hugged him bending from the side, and I cried even more.

"I'm so sorry, Dad... I'm sorry..." I whispered continuously to him. I felt him ease and hugged me back, as we both cried over my Mom.

Nang dahil sa sinabi ni Dad, nahinuha ko na hindi pa niya kayang bitawan si Mom kahit na nagfile na siya ng divorcement nito. I realized, that it's too hard and painful to let go someone you love through the years of marriage.

Hindi iyon ganoon kadali, that you'll easily lose strings from someone you love after your divorcement. That's very harsh and weakling to deal with. But I don't know about with my Mom, kung bakit ang dali-dali niyang bitawan si Dad sa mga taon ng pagsasama nila.

Does she truly love my father though? Does she learned to love my Dad? Pero ang alam ko, at sa mga nakita noong mga nagdaang taon, she looks so in love with my father. She looks so happy to be with him, and to live her life with us. But she just easily trades those moments over that man. She just easily neglected us, like she never treats us like a family.

Nang huminahon na kami ni Dad, kumalas ako sa kaniya at hinarap na niya ako.

"Dad, do you want me to follow her back there?" Mataman kong tanong.

He lends me to sit in front of him. I obliged and sat properly to figure these things out with him.

"I don't want you to get involve on our problem, Rita." Malamig niyang tugon.

"But, Dad... Kahit pa na sabihin mong ayaw mong madamay ako sa problema niyo ni Mom, in the end I'm your daughter. These problems affect us, our family... it pains me to see, watching this family apart while I'm doing nothing." I helplessly said.

Natahimik siya at napaisip ng malalim.

"If you're solving this alone, Dad. Our family won't be at peace. Mom would just let us here miserable and she won't ever step back on this country. Just let me take your part, Dad..." Pamimilit ko.