Chapter 8 (Part 3)

Written by: @readr1406 Thank you so much for everything! :-) Read a note from her at the end!

So so sorry for the delay!

Enjoy the chapter ;-)

*~*~*

Chapter 8 (Part 3):

Nico's Point Of View:

Hazel runs up and catches up to Alex and I.

"But don't you get tired, I can see your jacket burning."

I look down. Long columns of white smoke billow around the hem of my aviator's jacket.

I can't deny the drowsiness in my eyes. I've been shadow traveling two other people for a whole day, and now at the most important time, this happens.

"We've been walking for 10 miles. I think we're going in circles!" The daughter of Poseidon cocks her head at me."What the hell is wrong with your Death GPS?"

"Gone berserk," I huff."I mean, I- I can't even make out how many fingers I have. Twenty?"

All I can see are my fingers splitting in half, one blurry, one solid. I blink my eyes but the illusion still remained.

Hazel suddenly stops. Her golden eyes open wide and dart around the Fields Of Asphodel.

She draws her golden spatha. Alex and I follow in suit. I have to resist the urge to just collapse down and let the girls carry me.

"Hazel," Alex whispers carefully."Are you sensing some kind of danger?"

Before Hazel could answer, something called out from behind her.

"Yoo hoo! Demigods!"

We spin around and I swear I am seeing the weirdest of the weirdest sights I could imagine in my life.

How did I even miss that? Oh, right, a huge insane shop just appeared out of thin air behind us without a sound. What else is new?

The flash and the glittering lights of the huge shops almost blinded me. There are neon signs everywhere. Each one with a huge, vividly colourful gigantic letters.

One said,'SUNNY SUNSCREEN WITH A BUNCH OF ZINC!'

Another said,'BUY 385783 GLASSES, GET 1 FREE!'

The one next to it said,'OUR TAN BEDS WILL TAN U UNTIL U R AS TAN AS A BRICK!'

The shops seems to have belonged in another world, as it lights up the dark Underworld around it.

In front of the junk, sat a woman at a office table. She was so old and crinkly she looked like a she'd been around since the ancient Egyptians. There seemed to be Greek names tattooed on her arms and legs; there were so many of them that her skin looked like it was made out of cinder.

But what's weird, was that she showed off herself in a red flamenco dress. She had worn heavy makeup and I could smell the rosy perfume around her slapping my face.

Alex face went pale. Her eyes widened.

"Who are you?"

The woman stood up from her table and slammed her fisted hands on it. Some red flowers from her platinum blonde hair fell down.

"The name's Styx. Wondering what all of this is about? I run the business here in the Underworld-"

"Wait," Hazel makes a time out sign."Styx? As in the River Styx?"

"Yup. The river was named after me, alright."

"You're a real goddess?" I blink my eyes in disbelief."I thought my after just named that river because he couldn't think of any good names."