Library

A/N: Hello to anyone who's still reading this story, it's been a while! I'm sorry I haven't posted in ages but I low key forgot about CarolNat and marvel in general, and I started watching other series and bla bla bla, plus I also had a lot of work to do and stuff but anyway, I'm back and ready to write hehehe

Oh and also, I deleted my other two stories for multiple reasons, but I low key had a structure of how they ended so if anyone wants to know how they ended feel free to message me :)

"Natasha!" The bartender called.

The redhead looked up from the book she was reading, 'The price of Salt' and stood up to go get her iced coffee. As she picked it up she mumbled a small thank you to the bartender and headed out, she had a free day today and decided to spend it at her favorite place, the library.

Yes, Natasha Romanoff was that typical nerdy girl that spent most of the day with her nose buried in a book, but she didn't complain at all. She had a job in a nice editorial place that managed to pay her rent and a few friends here and there.

Anyone could say her life was simple- almost boring, but there was one thing that made her smile everyday, that brought chills down her spine, that made every day special, that brought a special kind of rush to Natasha's day, and that thing was none other than Carol Danvers.

Carol Danvers... She was quite the opposite from Natasha, she had worked most of her life to be able to accomplish her dream; To travel the world, as she told Natasha one day. You see, Carol liked to live life and explore, to go on adventures and meet new people, something Natasha was not very fond of.

But, destiny somehow brought them together when Carol came back to the United States after exploring Europe for six months and took a job as a librarian in a rather big library near Natasha's home.

The highlight of Natasha's day is to go visit the library, not only for the amazing stories it has inside, but for a certain blonde who's smile makes Natasha's day.

The first time the two met was a lonely night with Natasha searching for a book, and Carol deciding to help her, which ended up with them opening up and telling life stories, and since that day they only became closer.

Natasha pushed open the doors of the library and she immediately felt that typical library smell hit her face, it was quite relaxing to be honest.

"Well if it isn't my favorite redhead!" Carol exclaimed as she saw Natasha come in.

Natasha blushed-  Did I forget to mention they like each other but both women are oblivious?

"What? Were you not expecting me?" Natasha asked, clear sarcasm in her voice.

Carol chuckled, setting a pile of books in a nearby table and walking towards Nat. "So," She started, "What can I do for you today?"

"I'm honestly just here to look through books." Natasha sighed.

"You always say that and end up buying five." Carol joked.

It was true, and Natasha couldn't help but laugh.

She walked towards the nearest shelf with Carol trailing behind her.

"I'm serious this time," Natasha began. "I have a free day and I'll spend it reading here."

Carol rolled her eyes and kneeled down to rearrange some books. "Okay, and what if you don't finish the book?"

"I'll come tomorrow."

Carol grinned as she picked up a book that she thought might interest Natasha and handed it to her. "Sure."

Natasha scoffed, grabbing the book, "You don't believe me, do you?"