Heroes (22)

"You and me we got the world in our hands"

-Alesso, Heroes

"Shane Walter!"

I dodged the empty beer can Tessa chucked at me, laughing as she scowled. "You're awful," she scolded, then squealed as Zeke walked past her, repeating my earlier action of slapping her on the ass, a smirk on his face as he sat on the towel next to me, clearly proud of himself as she cursed at us.

"I hate you," Tessa narrowed her eyes at us. Lev appeared on my other side, sitting and handing me another beer with a smile. "Love you," Zeke said innocently. She huffed, turning back to the water, where Sadie and Carter were giggling and play wrestling in the water while James looked on, trying to look casual and not catch Taylor's attention from where she was chattering with Leah.

"He's got the right idea," Zeke said approvingly as Tessa jogged towards the water, diving in before appearing on Carter's back, giggling as she slicked her hair back from her eyes. James promptly scowled and turned, starting to walk back towards us with a huff. Lev raised his eyebrows. "I was just starting to be proud of you, and you ruined it."

"My sister joined in. That's disgusting," James answered with a scowl, flopping on the sand in front of me and shaking his hair from his eyes. I laughed, my eyes going back to the girls. "She's not my sister, so..."

James rolled his eyes. "You're so obvious."

"Hmm?"

"We all know you've dipped in," Zeke shrugged, making me laugh at his wording as James cringed. I quirked an eyebrow. "And that matters, why?"

Before any of them could answer, Leah and Taylor jogged over, giggling as they snapped a multitude of pictures. I huffed, throwing my arm over my stomach and angling my side away from them and the camera.

Leah raised her eyebrows. "Since when are you self conscious? Turn around, I'm losing followers."

I could tell from the tone of her voice that she was teasing but narrowed my eyes at her anyways. "I'm not self conscious."

"I call bull," Taylor chirped. Lev rolled his eyes. "Shut up, Taylor."

"What? You walk around shirtless all the time," Leah complained. I raised a hand. "First of all, you're fifteen so that's weird as hell that you know that, and second of all, walked."

She huffed. "Come on, Shane,"

"You're wearing makeup, you giant hypocrite." I huffed, my arm still around my scar. She raised her eyebrows. "What?"

"If you're covering up your face with makeup and girls are allowed to be insecure about their weight and sh*t, I shouldn't be judged for not wanting my giant ass scar all over the internet." I huffed, ending my speech by crossing my arms defiantly. She blinked in surprise. "What?"

I scowled, and Taylor glanced at me. "Dude, I thought you were insecure because your body isn't as good as James'."

James looked triumphant and I promptly rolled my eyes. "You're saying you honestly didn't notice the fact that I was almost sliced in half?" I said dryly, sending her a dirty look. "When I know for a fact that girls think scars are attractive and weird things like that?"

"Scars are attractive," Leah shrugged. "But if you're so freaked out about it, duck behind Lev a little. But make sure I get a full chest shot or my followers will yell at me."

I stared at her.

She shrugged, smiling innocently as she waved her phone around. "You're strange," I decided finally, leaning a bit to the side. Lev held up his beer can with a cheesy grin, his arm blocking the bit of my side that was actually visible, and Leah promptly huffed. "Shane, smile!"