Bruises (17)

"These bruises make for better conversations

Loses the vibe that separates

It's good to let you in again

You're not alone and how you been?

Everybody loses, we've all got bruises"

-Train, Bruises

I sat on the floor, leaning back against Sadie's legs as we watched a movie in the basement. Jason was over, of course, and kept making smart remarks that were about to get answered with 'I bagged your girlfriend' if he didn't shut up. I could tell Tessa was getting annoyed as well by her heavy sighs and her constant little slaps to his arm when he made comments. I think they all knew that I wasn't in a mood to be messed with, not after what happened yesterday.

It had taken both Sadie and Tessa yelling at me (Tessa yelled, Sadie kind of stood there and tried to look threatening) to get me to go to the basement and watch Scream with them. Sadie was cuddling with Carter, Tessa with Jason, and Lev, Zeke, and I were laughing because of how horrible the entire movie was.

But, of course, Jason had to ruin it. "Heard you ran out crying yesterday," he remarked, still bitter about being punched in the face. My hands knotted into the blanket Sadie was dangling in my face. "How's the lip doing?" I answered, keeping my eyes on the screen.

"Oh, it's fine. You didn't even chip a tooth." He said, probably thinking he was so cool. "You don't hit hard enough for that."

"Hmm," I hummed, turning to glare at him. "We can change that fact, if you like."

"I think you suffer from anger management issues." He commented, tensing under my stare. Tessa gave me a worried look and shook her head as I stood up. "Pass the chips," I said, highly considering breaking the bowl over Jason's bright red head.

But, I didn't.

What was Jackson talking about? I was perfectly okay now.

I sat back down, popping a cheeseball in my mouth and looking over at Tessa. She grinned, quirking her eyebrows at me. "Pass me the balls," she said, and I snickered as I threw a handful of them at her, making her laugh. Jason narrowed his eyes. "Are you two getting up to something?"

"No," I said. "Already have."

"That came out a lot worse than it is," Tessa rolled her eyes as I turned towards the TV, covering my smirk with my hand. "He's being an idiot, ignore him."

She reached out and poked me with her foot, and when I looked at her, she was holding back a grin as she waved her middle finger at me. I winked, turning back to the TV and laughing as the girl got stabbed and her blood sprayed like twenty feet out.

"That's morbid!" Sadie scolded. "Gosh, Shane!"

"This movie sucks," I shrugged. "It's so cheesy, and the graphics are bad."

"Sorry, Hollywood, but not all of us are invited to premiers," Jason said, like he thought I'd be offended. I turned to look at him. "You obviously wouldn't be. They do like to take pictures without their cameras getting broken."

He flushed as everybody kind of snickered, Tessa grinning into her hand. He turned to look at her. "How do you put up with him?"

"I can honestly say I have no idea," she answered, making me laugh as I leaned back against Sadie's legs. "She loves me, that's how."

"No, she doesn't." He answered instantly. I chuckled. "Is someone getting jealous?" I teased. He narrowed his eyes. "I have no reason to be jealous of you."