Chapter Five

The girls are sitting on the other side of the table chatting and laughing away, as Ethan and I just eat. So far today's been good. I've met a very awesome girl, she's beautiful, and actually really nice. Most girls would think I'm a freak.... Well... That's probably because almost every girl knows that I cut, not my fault. I get bullied and they found out, so now everyone knows.

"How are you? Like, for real?"

Ethan breaks me out of my thoughts, by poking me. He speaks in a low voice so the girls won't hear him.

"I'm doing a bit better"

I say. It's not completely a lie, but it's not completely true.

"When was the last time you cut?"

I stay silent. I don't want to answer it. I don't want him to be disappointed in me. Just not today. His face softens, he looks upset. Great, I made my best friend upset... Again. Good job Kyle. I mentally slap myself.

"Sorry"

I mumble under my breath. I look down at my food to take another bite but there's nothing there. I had one fry left! Who ate it!

"Who. The hell. Ate my last fry!?"

I try to say it like I'm mad, but when everyone looks at me I can't help but smile. I look at Rose to see her face is red from trying not to laugh. I stand up and point my finger at her.

"It was you!! You stole my fry!"

I shout and laugh at the same time. Everyone laughs. I sit down and see that everyone in here is looking at me like Im meant to be in a mental hospital. Oops...

"I'm sorry! You can have one of my fries?!"

She giggles holding up a fry. I smack it out of her hand.

"Nope, you didn't get poutine"

We all laugh again. When we calm down, I look around and see a tall man standing at our table. Uh oh...

"I don't really want your fry. So you can have it back"

He smiles then walks away. I look at Rose, my eyes wide. She puts her hand over her mouth.

"Oops"

I whisper.

"Well I think it's time to head to the game. It's two o'clock"

Sarah smiles. We all nod and get up. I was right, today is going to be interesting.