Ch13 • Invisible Friend Pt III

Ly • Last part for Invisible friend, countdown resumes in next chapter. Hope u enjoy~~~^ᴥ^

"So you're telling me, that, you may or may not have been born as a Christian, which is why before you died, your body and spirit was ritualized to overcome the boundaries of the afterlife, and now you have this some kind of force that protects you from all the bullcrap thrown at you by the evil spirits of the Unseen?" Jeongyeon tried to repeat, pretending to talk on the phone.

They were now seated in the library, as far away from eyesight as possible. Jeongyeon had a few stacks of books scattered around the table, whilst Jimin sat on the other side of the table, explaining as she browsed for her own answers. Of course she didn't wanna look like a complete lunatic talking to herself in case someone passed by, so she used a phone instead.

The blonde boy tilted his head up a bit, piecing her reciprocal explanation, before nodding his head in approval. "Yeah, that's pretty much how it works"

"Hm..." The girl hummed, nodding to herself. "Well, if you put it that way, and you have a religion connected to all this, I'm pretty sure you also have a source" She continued, thinking it out in her head.

Jimin's face turns into confusion. "A source? What do you mean?"

"A source"she starts boredly. "There must be something keeping this protection of yours intact. And I'm pretty sure its gotta be in physical form or it'll just be weak. But seeing as it's shielded you off all this time, I'm guessing it's stronger than what it seems to be"

Jimin gawks at her. "I knew you were smart, but I didn't know you were that smart. Damn, jeongs, you really have it in you, huh?" he teases, as Jeongyeon nudges him, face hearing up.

"Oh shut up, it's not that's hard to understand. Even a dummy would figure it out" she grumbles, looking away.

Jeongyeon chuckles anyway, before falling into thought. "If what you say is true, then it has to be something in a physical form. Something other spirits can't easily get ahold of. And probably something close to you too" she think aloud, standing up to browse around the isles of books while Jimin followed after her.

The gears started to move on jimin's part as well, until an idea popped up in his head. "Like the music box?"

Jeongyeon snaps her finger. "It could be. There's a high possibility" she nods, agreeing. "Or it could be the house, who knows"

"Then... What now? I mean, why did we even come here in the first place?" the blonde boy asks, plopping himself down in front of a book shelf and resting his back against it.