Chapter 7

It had been 5 days since my father passed away. The funeral was today. I hate public speaking but my dad would have wanted me to, he always incouraged me to face my fears. It's even worse because I have Anxiety, I just hope I dont have a Panic Attack. I live by myself, since I'm legally old enough. I have a phone and if I need help like cleaning or something I just pick up the phone. I get $210 given to me a week because I have no one to take care of me and so I can buy my own groceries. I also have $2809 from my fathers will.

It was an hour before the funeral so I needed to get dressed and practice my speech. I got dressed into my black dress that I used for my mothers funeral. I walked over to my desk and started practicing my speech. Faith was my only friend going to the funeral since 1. She's my only friend and 2. Even if I did have more friends none of them would know my dad. I was skyping Faith whilst practicing so she could tell me the flaws of my speaking.

The funeral was at my local church. I grabbed my speech and walked to the church. As I arrived I saw many people walk out of there cars and then into the church. Everyone was dressed in black. I hate funerals, they are so depressing. I watched as Faith got out of her car and ran over to me. She hugged me so tightly. "Speak well, you'll be okay." she whispers. My eyes immediately started watering but I held back the tears. We walked inside the church.

"Allan's daughter, Willow will now talk." I heard a voice.
I stood up out of my chair and walked over to the podium. I unfolded my paper and started reading from it. God, was I anxious.
"My dad, he was an incredible man. Most of you should know that he was a police officer, which means he did amazing things. He risked his life for other people." I read.
I was, of course crying by now. And by crying, I mean alot. "The thought of me never being able to talk to him again, never to see him again, never to hug him again, it's just, I'm speechless. He was too young. He did nothing to deserve this. Words cannot explain how much I love my father. If someone asked me to say one word to describe him, I would say no. It is impossible to describe a man like him with one word. On the bright side, atleast now he can live happily in heaven with my mother. Rest in peace Allan Lee Jackson, I love you." I sulked.
I wiped my eyes, hearing claps in the background. My eyes drifted over to my Grandmother, which is my dads mother. She nodded to me with a slight smile while sobbing.

I walked home, wiping my tears with a tissue that someone I don't even know handed to me at the church door. When I arrived home a noise came from my pocket, and no, there isn't a pocket in my dress, I was wearing a little cardigan thing over top. I took my phone from my pocket and noticed that I got a text from Alex.
"Hey, how was it?" He messaged.
"Sad" I replied.
"Faith told me that your speech went well".
"Eh."
"I've never seen you cry"
"Maybe because you've known me for like 2 weeks"
"Wanna go to the beach?"
"Sure, right now?"
"Well, I'm waiting outside your house right now"
I looked outside my window and he was sitting there in his car holding a rose. Hes so adorable. Wait no shut up your just friends.

I got dressed into my purple and white stripy bikini and then grabbed my towel. I ran outside and saw him leaning on his car. He smiled. I love his smile. I walked over to him, smirking back. He handed me the rose.
"Do you wish to come on a road trip to the beach with me?" He asks, attempting to be posh.
"Why, certainly I do young sir!" I replied, succeeding at being posh.
I walked around the other side
of the car and hopped in. The whole car ride was silent. Half way there he turned on the radio and one of my favourite songs, Blank Space by Taylor Swift came on. I'm quite comfortable with doing whatever I wanted around Alex, he won't judge me at all. I started singing the song. I saw him look at me in the corner of my eye.
"But I've got a blank space, baby." he said in chorus with the radio.
"And I'll write your name!" I sang.
We both started having laughing fits. I told you he doesn't judge me.

"We're here!" Alex yelled with excitement.
I grabbed my towel and ran towards the water. I dropped my towel in the beach and turned around, still running to the water. Alex was behind me, jogging. It was a really hot day, so a nice swim should be great. I felt my feet touch the water. Alex was now running beside me, God was he fast. The deeper the water got, the more we struggled to run. The water was so beautiful and calm. Like seriously, there was NO waves at all. I was now up to my neck in the water, but I could still touch the ground, and Alex was just below his shoulders. I started actually swimming now, like I took my feet of the ground and started kicking my feet. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around Alex, like he was giving me an underwater piggy back but I was on his stomach not his back. He grabbed my hips and pulled me closer towards him. I smiled. Yep, I defiantly liked him, like, alot.

We got out of the water and walked back up to the sand. We laid out our towels next to each other and then sat on them. We stared at the ocean for a while.
"Its so beautiful." I whispered.
"Just like you." he smiled.
I didn't reply, I just shyly looked down while secretly smirking. I felt warmth touch my hand. I gazed over to it and saw Alex's hand on mine. I looked at him to notice him already looking at me. I squinted while giving him a half smile at the same time.
"Hey Willow.." he said.
"Yeah?" I whispered in a loud tone.
"Do you like me?" He questioned.
"Maybe" I giggled.
"No but seriously"
"Uhh, yeah, why?"
"Because, the first day I saw you, I felt like it was love at first sight" he replied.
I felt the heat riding to my cheeks. He was blushing too.
"So, you love me?" I asked
He didn't reply. All he did was hand me a tiny little box. Inside it had a note and a gorgeous necklace with a pink crystal heart on it. I read the note.
"Will you be mine?"
Awh!
"Forever and always." I told him.