Chapter 5 - Deception

I thought I had stopped breathing. As the boy hovered his body above me, I felt intimidated yet submissive. Yet I still held my glare on him, almost as though I didn't want him seeing how easily he could break me.

"Miles," I whispered, "You're gonna have to do better than that," I stared him in the eyes.

He snorted at my response, "You're staying, Elizabeth,"

"You can't control me, Miles," I raised my voice at him. He smirked at me, "Now, get off of me," I said attempting to wriggle out of his grasp.

As I lay there struggling, his grasp became tighter on my wrists, causing me to groan. The boy hovered his head above my neck.

"Struggle all you want, I'm not moving until you say you're staying," Miles demanded.

I threw him another glare.

"No Miles, I'm not fucking staying," I told him, attempting to hold a dominating tone in my voice.

"God, I thought I was stubborn," Miles grunted. As he finished his sentence we both jumped as we heard three loud knocks at the door. Miles immediately wrapped his hand around my mouth, his skin feeling soft but cold against my lips.

All I could get out was muffled moans as I fought the boy, scratching at his hand around my mouth with one hand and shoving his opposite shoulder with the other.

"Shhhh," Miles whispered, fighting back by pressing harder on my mouth and leaning his arm across my chest. 

I carried on fighting the boy as he attempted to fight back. I managed to slip out one of my hands from his grasp and swung my fist at his face, I'd like to say it was accidental, but it really wasn't.

He fell beside me, clutching his eye with his hand, groaning from the pain. I shoved his legs off of myself as I jumped off of the bed and swung the door open, only to reveal an empty hallway.

"Miles," I turned to face the boy, who had stood up by now and was glaring at me, his right eye holding a red colour.

"You hit me," The boy huffed as he held his eye, standing before me. He frowned at me as he held his palm to his eye; I looked at him before grabbing his wrist and allowing his hand to flop at his side.

"I'm sorry, but you were pushing me," I spat at him as I examined his red eye which was beginning to swell slightly underneath his eye. 

He suddenly grabbed my hand and bent it outwards, "Ah, Miles," I blurted out as he laughed lightly in response.

"I'll get you for this," Miles replied, squeezing my wrist before letting it go. 

I threw a sarcastic smile at him before he strode out of my room, shutting the door behind him. I looked down at my wrist before using my other hand to drag my fingers over the growing red mark.

---

When I eventually awoke the next morning, I reviewed yesterdays events in my head.

I sighed, "Crap if he has a black eye I'm so dead," I spoke to myself as I realised my wrist had a small bruise on my veins.

"Elizabeth?" I heard an elderly woman enter my room, her voice carrying curiosity.

I shot around, luckily fully dressed.

"You startled me," I raised my voice slightly at the older woman as she stood in the doorway, holding her heavy frown at me.

"Who were you talking to?" Her eyebrows furrowed as she questioned me. I threw my full attention at the woman, making immediate eye contact with her.