one

chapter one: PINK IS YOUR COLOR

"i would say i love the black, but i think you'd look great in green."

BABY'S ARMS ACHED AS she carried her luggage up the stairs to her cabin. she brought two bags, one pink suitcase with all of her clothes, and a light yellow backpack that held all of her essentials: like her inhaler.

her chest was heaving as he threw open the wooden door and shoved her luggage in the far right corner, next to the big window. the petite girl always loved fresh air. quickly, her hand ripped open the yellow backpack and searched for the small, cold piece of plastic. once finding it, she slid her pack against the wall as she breathed in, one, two, three. and breathed out, one, two, three. she smiled slightly at her ability to breathe again. and stood back up to unpack. her hightop white chucks squeaked as she walked around the cabin. it was a nice, small room with six bunk beds, and a large cotton carpet on the floor. luckily, she got the bottom bunk because she was known to get claustrophobic at time.

  her eyes glanced around as she realized that she was the only one in the cabin. that can't be right, she thought. it was nearly five-fifty and dinner was held at six. she glanced at the clock in the corner of the cabin as her eyes widened and she sprinted out of the cabin. it was six-fifteen and she knew that she was going to look like an idiot as she rushed into the cafeteria.

  her fingers gently caressed the handle as she opened up the door. the whole room, once chattering, was now dead silent. she visibly gulped as everyone's eyes were on her as she turned towards the food line and took a spot in it. she ran a hand through her shoulder length brunette hair as she faced away from the audience, her shoulder slumping in relief as the noise started again.

the line moved quickly and she was again facing the crowd as she was deciding where to sit. it seemed like all the tables were full, and she didnt want to barge in on anyone having a conversation. that's when she noticed a figure in the back corner, actually two figures. two boys in black eating by themselves at a small table. she smiled and found her way over there.

  when she set her lunch tray down at the head of the table, right next to the boys, they visibly jumped. the boy to her right was smaller and had bleached yellow hair with a striped shirt on. he smiled a bit at her while she turned to glance at the boy on her left. he was by all means beautiful. he
looked taller and slim, with an unruly mess of dark curls upon his head. his lips were full and part as his dark eyes were fixated upon her. she gulped and set her eyes back on her lunch tray. meatloaf. she hated meatloaf.

  "um, hi. i'm baby. and i was wondering if you two would mind if i sat with you?" her small fragile voice let out.

  "hello, i'm pugsley, and this is my older brother wednesday. we wouldn't mind at all if you sat with us, would we?" the boy in the striped shirt explained as nudged his brother. the boy to her ri- wednesday, grunted out and kept his eyes on baby. she smiled and nodded her head.

  pugsley continued, "pink is definitely your color, baby." wednesday rolled his eyes, for some reason he didn't like his brother saying her name. it sounded like they were together. baby laughed out loud as she looked down at her baby pink mini dress. she wore a white turtle neck with the tank top dress over it.

  "thank you pugsley, i would say i love the black, but i think you'd look great in green." baby said softly as pugsley laughed.

  "this is pretty much my whole closet, but by all means feel free to help me next shopping trip." the blonde joked back. the bantering went on for another five minutes before wednesday finally noticed something.