five

five: "william! i do not take pleasure in looking at you. i dont think anyone does, really."

warning: slightly informative abuse

  BABY WAS OFFICIALLY on a high. she was skipping everywhere, and she even sang in the showers. she was horrendous at it, but that wasn't the point. she was happy. most of it was her ignorance. she was so pure, didn't realize that they weren't even officially a thing. she just assumed that since they kissed, they're probably going to get married. and with her naive thoughts, came the excitement for the young girl. she had never felt so loved.

  truth was, her mom was nice to her. she was a good lady, she never meant harm when she hurt baby. it was an accident. she just got so sad when her dad left, that she couldnt bear to see the sight of her daughter, that shared his same eyes. baby never blamed her, she always hugged her mother while she sobbed. baby was just so naive.

  in all honesty, it was truly heartbreaking that a seventeen year old girl didn't know that kissing didn't necessarily mean love. she didn't know that kissing didn't mean loyalty. and that's where she messed up. she was so naive.

  the morning continued, and so did baby's over cheerful attitude. it had gotten to the point where everyone was curious. alisha had asked her multiple times what happened, and all baby replied with was, "cupid shot his arrow." she is a complete hopeless romantic, alisha thought. but that wasn't true, she was just naive.

  throughout the following day of the kiss, she had laid in her bed sleeping. dreaming, rather. a small smile etched on her face as her short brown hair was sprayed all over her pillow. whereas wednesday had sat on his cliff, thinking. he couldn't believe he actually kissed her.

  he scoffed as he realized he was pulling the remaining grass off of the cliff, just like she had.

  "god, i'm so whipped." he murmured to himself.

__

  baby and alisha walked hand and hand toward the cafeteria. this was a semi-tradition for the girls, they didn't spend much time away from eachother. that was partially alisha's confusion. throughout the past week she thought they grew to be really close friends. so what was she not telling her?

  there was a whole crowd gathering around something, the duo noticed as soon as they walked in. they didn't concern themselves with it, feeling too hungry to bother, and headed straight for the food.

  "do you remember brenden walker?" alisha asked. baby shook her head, it didn't ring a bell. "well, that's beside the point, i guess. he's a cute blonde that i've been talking to and.." baby knew the rest. she turned toward alisha was a huge grin on her face and hugged her as tight as she could while not holding up the lunchline.

  "alisha! i am so happy for you!" she exclaimed out as alisha thanked her while her cheek tinted pink. the duo continued stacking their lunch plates.

  it wasn't until baby was finishing her plate that she noticed something was up.

  "-can't believe she would hang oy with a freak like you!" a familiar voice echoed. baby immediately ran toward the crowd and dropped her lunchplate on the floor, vowing to clean it up later. by now baby was shoving through the crowd to get to the front. "she should be with me, i mean seriously. look at me!" william finished as baby finally made it to the front and gasped. william was grabbing wednesdays collar as he let it happen. wednesday wasn't even putting up a fight. they both turned to her as william dropped him, scared of what the girl saw him do. the other students were watching this in awe, it was like a teenage angst movie! wednesdays brother watched in the back, snickering at his brother being beat up.

  "william! i do not take pleasure in looking at you. i don't think anyone does, really. so get that through your narcissistic skull." baby finally said as she shoved william away to get to wednesday. he had a slight bruise on his chin, but nothing bad. she cupped his cheek with her hand as she stood on her tippy-toes to kiss him firmly. he gently kissed her back as the crowd gasped. some in awe, others in disgust.

  "are you okay, wednesday?" the brunette let out after she pulled away. without breaking eye contact he nodded his head and grabbed her hand to lead her out. baby could've sworn she felt her whole arm tingling as he interlocked their fingers.

  "yes, baby! you go girl!" baby heard alisha yell from the back. she smiled a bit, but continued forward.

____

A/N

short one, but hey! you know some drama is gonna peak soon ;)

i have a big idea for the next chapter but i'm not sure if i will actually go through w/ it??

also, small glimpse into baby's home life. she deserves so much better! she's a precious bean and deserves the world.

anyways, until tomorrow, probably haha. this covid stuff has made me incredibly bored at home.

xoxo - dee