nine

nine: A LITTLE TOO LATE

"you want my respect? you had it before. now you have to earn it."

THE SUN WAS GLEAMING brillia
ntly down on baby as she stepped out of cabin four. it was warm, there wasn't a cloud in sight. it was essentially the most perfect day to go swimming at the cliff.

  with her swimsuit on already under her clothes, and a bag tucked in her hand that held a towel and sunblock, she walked on the path to the woods. she waved at a few other campers that passed by. it really was a glorious day.

  as she trotted down the path, birds were singing. even the sunlight was streaming through the trees. it looked whimsical, of a sort.

  when she made it to the cliff she immediately took of her clothes and jumped in, feeling the refreshing water on her. the small spring was different than the lake to baby, the spring was clean, you could see through the clear water without any problems. and wildlife roamed all around. surprisingly enough, the frog from the other day was still hopping around the spring. it was delighting to see.

  baby tread water, and played games for the next hour. she tried to see how long she could hold her breath, counted the fish, anything to pass the time. she was enjoying her time until a small rock hit her in the head.

  "ow!" baby yelped as she looked up to find who hit her. she couldn't see anyone in sight, but someone had to be there. "whoever hit me, you have a lot of explaining to do." she called out.

  "baby?" a familiar voice called out as he stepped forward to see the petite girl treading water. wednesday. ironically enough, the boy was at the cliff so he could think of what he would say to the girl.

  "wednesday? what are you doing here?" baby called out to him as she started climbing out of the spring.

  "um," wednesday stumbled trying to find an answer, "i missed my c-cliff. yeah."

  baby made it to the top of the cliff and grabbed her towel out of the bag and dried off. she looked up to see wednesday watching her. "what?" she snapped at him. he gulped at her change in behavior.

  "um, well i missed you baby. i had to come back." baby laughed out loud at him. he was pathetic.

  "you are ridiculous, i can't believe you." she said as she pulled her shirt over her head. him watching her every move.

  "i'm sorry for what i said, it wasn't true." he confessed honestly. but baby didn't care. he hurt her feelings bad.

  "oh please," baby scoffed, shimmying her legs into her shorts. "you wouldn't have ever said it if you were truly sorry."

  where had this newfound sense of attitude come from? wednesday was absolutely shocked, he couldnt help but admit that she was really cute before, but now baby was kinda hot.

  "baby, please don't do this." he begged taking a step toward her. she took a step back and slipped her sandals on before grabbing her bag.

  "wednesday. you hurt me, really bad. you lost my respect for you in the process." she said to him as he looked at her, she couldnt help but think that he looked a bit like a lost puppy.

  "how can i get you back?" his voice broke.

  "you want my respect? you had it before. now you have to earn it." baby said before walking into the woods.

  she felt really good, she finally stood up for herself.

  but wednesday, oh boy, he was going to get her back. he knew it. because without baby, well he just wasn't complete anymore. and that just wasn't going to fly.

____

A/N

rlly short chapter, i'm sorry :(

but i've been working on some new fics that will come out whenever this one is done:)

i'm thinking that there are 4-6 chapters left in this, plus an epilogue. so baby and wednesday better start making progress!

also i wish i had the mental glow up that baby did during this corona break, but i def. didn't haha. it's cool though.

anyways ily, have a good day.

<3 - dee