Twenty

I wake up and Ashton's already awake. I don't want to move, I'm so comfy. I can feel his stares on me, maybe to see how I'm doing. I feel his hand softly play with my bed hair as I stretch. I sit up, still wincing lightly at the pain I felt as I sat up, I rub my eyes that I know are definitely puffy from all the crying I did last night. "How you feeling?"

"Better. I really needed that." I say implying to the best sleep I got in a while. "Good. Your mom called last night, I didn't wanna wake you. But she told me to stop by your house, she said that she'll handle your dad."

I don't want to, I really don't. But if it's for my mom then I will. "Okay, what time is it?" I ask while yawning. "Almost noon." I groan. I walk to his bathroom looking at my eyes how they're puffy, plus the bags under my eyes.

Gross

I wet my face with cold water to help wake me up and when I look back up, I jump in fear as Ashton's standing behind me. "You scared me." I laugh lightly as I dry my face. "Have I ever told you how beautiful you are?" He smiles cheekily at me to which I give him a look that says 'really?'

"Just making sure you know." I nod while getting my things,"You ready?" He nods and I follow him to his car.

Arriving at my house, I see two sets of cars which indicates that both my mom and dad are home. I take a deep breath in and walk towards my door with Ashton closely by my side. We hear yelling, screaming coming from the inside, things breaking, then the door opens. My dad walks out looking angry, like last night, but this time with a suitcase in his hand. I back away as far from him as he walks past us to get to his car, but he made sure to give Ashton a deathly glare on his way out too.

How mature

We walk inside and the vase that was once standing beautifully on the table, was now shattered on the floor by the wall which had a hole in it. "Mom, what happened?" I ask as I sit next to her on the couch. "I kicked him out."

"Why?" She looks at me with sorrowful eyes. "Because Luke, he cannot treat his son like that and I know I haven't defended you all those times you guys would fight with each other and I am so sorry, but this time I had enough. You are worth more than anything else I can have Luke, don't you ever forget that." She cries as she hugs me. "How are you though?"

"I'm...better than last night." She nods while smiling,"That's good." She begins to stand up to clean up the mess, but I stopped her. "Let me do it, mom, just go out with your friends or something. Just relax for the day. We'll be okay."

"Are you sure?" She asks. I nod immediately. "You." She points to Ashton. "Take care of my boy." She grabs her purse and car keys then leaves. I grab the broom while Ashton takes the dust pan. "You know you don't have to help." I say. "I know, I want to. Don't worry."

When we finished, Ashton dumped the glass in the trash and I slightly frowned at the gaping hole in the wall. "How do we fix that?" I ask. He doesn't answer, instead he moves a framed picture off the wall, takes the nail out and pushes it with ease as if it was a thumbtack. Then he hangs the picture over the hole. "That'll do. For now." I smile at his adorable yet serious way to cover it up, I was going to speak, but banging on the door prevented me from doing otherwise.

I look at him with cautious eyes while he follows behind me as I answer the door. "This is all your fault!" My dad yells as he pushes me with so much force I fall on the floor hitting my head. He was about to get on top of me, but Ashton grabbed his shoulders and pulled him back.

I see his eyes turn black. "Don't." I say. I didn't want my dad hunting him. That's the last thing I wanted. "Please." I could tell he wanted to do anything but to listen to me, however his eyes flickered back to his natural hazel color. My dad got back up and charged towards me. "Dad stop!" I yell as I back away, but he turned to Ashton. "You're the reason why I got kicked out!" He yelled while punching Ashton.  "Dad! Stop!" I want to use my abilities, I wanted to do anything and everything to help him. But I can't use them on my dad. It's not right.

Don't

Ashton told me, so I listened, knowing that he could completely handle himself and the situation. Each time my dad tried punching him, Ashton dodged it, but the next punch my dad threw, Ashton caught it in his hand twisted it quickly and behind his back. Then he opened the door to push him out, making sure to lock it.

"Ash, are you okay?" I cup his face moving it side to side to see if there's any cuts. He laughs lightly while take my hands away. "I'm okay. Are you? You fell pretty hard." I touch the back of my head lightly and there wasn't any blood or a bump. "Yeah I'm okay."

"Can you take me to work?" He nods while his phone vibrates. He reads the message and looks at me with slight disappointment. "Are you not able to stay?" He shakes his head. "That's okay. Don't worry."

"But I'll pick you up though." I nod.

-

Work wasn't so rough, it was just me and this other girl who I don't really talk to. Since it's hardly ever busy on Saturday's, the shop would manage fine with just two people. But I always closed up because well, I'm usually the one with more seniority, so I guess that makes me more trustworthy. My co-worker let's me know she's leaving as I start to mop up like I normally do. The door opens, well I hear the door open from the bell ringing and I see one guy standing there in front of me.

"Can I help you?" I ask. He walks closer to me and I start to feel really uneasy.

That's never good

"No but you can help me." He speaks while his eyes flicker to pitch black. "Don't touch me." I say as I back up away from him. "Oh don't worry, I won't. Not yet. Only because Ashton insisted I don't involve you. He was so persistent on leaving you out of this. What a good boyfriend." He mocked. "I just wanted to let you know that we'll be meeting again real soon."

"You got three fucking seconds to leave before I do something I won't regret." A voice growls, the demons didn't even have to turn to know who it was. He smirked,"Aren't you feisty Irwin."

"Leave. Now." He seethed. "We're just having friendly talk. That's all, but since I'm so...fond of Luke. I'll leave."

"Ash, did you tell him to leave me out of this?" I ask, afraid of what answer I was going to receive. "Yes. I don't want you getting hurt, I did it to protect you Luke."

"You know I'm kinda already involved. Besides, I can handle myself." I tell him to reassure him. "I know. I'm just...scared Luke. Of you getting hurt."

"I know Ash, I know. Let me lock up and you'll come to mine?" He nods.